No announcement yet.

I understand they are functional but,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt some of the older guns have pretty wood but the ones in the last 30 years are cheap junk.

Other than looks from a functional standpoint wood stocks offer no advantage over modern synthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All my rifles but 1 have Wood stocks. Matte blued, stainless, and gloss blued. All of them to me are pretty and get used all the time as they are like a tool, but I take care of them. Not a fan of the new synthetic cerakote matte craze, just adds to the trend that everyone thinks they’re a sniper.

Comment

I like the look of wood stocks and the resiliency of synthetic. My go to everyday rifle is synthetic but out nice give to the next generation guns are wood stock.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          All my rifles but 1 have Wood stocks. Matte blued, stainless, and gloss blued. All of them to me are pretty and get used all the time as they are like a tool, but I take care of them. Not a fan of the new synthetic cerakote matte craze, just adds to the trend that everyone thinks they’re a sniper.
          So do you shoot a compound, or traditional equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            My wood stocked guns are older than most of you guys and are well used. Still prettier than synthetic stocks.
            Pics or we don’t believe you

I have a beautiful mark v deluxe but I could have taken it on my sheep hunt and in that one hunt it would look like hammered dog crap now. My manners stock and cerakote barrel you can’t even tell it slid down some scree with me .

Comment

Noted

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Pics or we don’t believe you

I have a beautiful mark v deluxe but I could have taken it on my sheep hunt and in that one hunt it would look like hammered dog crap now. My manners stock and cerakote barrel you can’t even tell it slid down some scree with me .
                No pics. I don't own any guns

Comment

I have a few of each I love pretty wood grain I’m nostalgic that way.But they are my tools some of the bumps and scratches are good memories.I try and use all of them throughout the year I enjoy sitting in the woods with a gun from a past friend or family member and reminisce over some of the war marks they put on it.

Comment

I have almost always bought synthetic because of accuracy in fowl weather

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      My wood stocked guns are older than most of you guys and are well used. Still prettier than synthetic stocks.

Would believe it and agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aside from some of the very best figured woods and highest quality checking, most wood stocks fall short for me. Their temp and humidity instability also means that the synthetic stocks objectively outperform them as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          So do you shoot a compound, or traditional equipment?
                          I shoot both. I make three piece take down long bows out of “exotic “ woods, just for the fact they useable, beautiful woods and simple works of art.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                            Aside from some of the very best figured woods and highest quality checking, most wood stocks fall short for me. Their temp and humidity instability also means that the synthetic stocks objectively outperform them as well...
                            I have wood, laminated wood, synthetic and chassis stock rifles and have never had an issue with temp. or humidity with any of them. Wood just adds eye candy.

Comment

To me is more about accuracy than looks.

Comment

I prefer wood, but they are reserved for nice days on certain occasions because most my wood guns are sentimental. The synthetic ruger Hawkeye or rem 700 are the daily drivers

Comment

Working...
                                X