No announcement yet.

A.M stand time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An hour to hour and half to give things time to calm down before sneaking in. I actually mowed a path to my stand back in sept and moved all the sticks and rocks. Shhhhhh

Comment

Not directed at anyone in particular, but everytime this subject comes up there are many remarks about "letting the woods calm down". What in the world are yall doin on the way to the blind that takes an hour to calm down?

I can shoot a rifle over their heads at pigs, and they'll be eating corn again in 2 minutes. I shot a pig with my bow last month that bled and squealed like hell, and had deer eating under my tree less than 5 minutes later next to the arrow.

Comment

15-20 minutes tops before I can see clearly.
        Maybe I am just not mad at them anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Not directed at anyone in particular, but everytime this subject comes up there are many remarks about "letting the woods calm down". What in the world are yall doin on the way to the blind that takes an hour to calm down?

I can shoot a rifle over their heads at pigs, and they'll be eating corn again in 2 minutes. I shot a pig with my bow last month that bled and squealed like hell, and had deer eating under my tree less than 5 minutes later next to the arrow.

I would guess that some people hunt places with more pressure than others. We are bow only so I gotta get them in close. However I would probably be just fine walking in 30 min before shooting light.

I just like to get a nap in. I set my notifications to on for my Covert, send them to vibrate only on my Apple Watch and let that or my feeder throwing be my alarm clock....

And now I feel like I’m cheating somehow. Of course that only works if I’m hunting a box blind at a feeder and not one of my quadpods, tripods or brushed in blinds.

Comment

Walk in about 10 minutes before shooting with no flashlight. Hunt past 10:00am while the early crew has left to hunt breakfast or a crapper.

Comment

About 20-30 minutes before LST. Anything more and I’ll fall asleep and stay asleep or I’ll start snoring like a grizzly bear and probably spook stuff off! I have to stay awake. Me walking in even 15 minutes before the feeder goes off doesn’t affect our deer at all. Snoring like an angry grizzly bear from inside a box or ground blind will though....

If I’m being honest, opening morning when I’m all fired up I’ll get in there 30 minutes before shooting time, besides that it’s more like 10 or 15 minutes
              Last edited by DKW II; 11-24-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                30 - 40 minutes, I hunt out of a tripod and cant risk nodding off, by getting there any earlier.

That’s why I wear a seatbelt in mine!

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  about 15 min before shooting light, i seem to see as many deer as others on lease

I blow through with my SXS spreading corn anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes before my feeder goes off. My feeder goes off about legal shooting light to sunrise. I’ll adjust my feeder time at the end of my hunt if needed because I may not be back for a couple of weeks and always adjust it for the time I’ll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im the stand at 5am

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                      1hour plus. Dont sleep listen to night sounds and woods waking up. Like to listen to owls in the early hours

Woods waking up is one of my favorite parts of hunting. That being said, I try for 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been gettin up @ 3:30 am for for work a looooonng time . Usually beat the alarm clock. Got my s*#!t packed night before, pick it up & go. Usually get a pretty good nap before L S T.

Comment

An hour before legal shooting light. Watching God's Glory wake up on the horizon from a tree is one of the most enjoyable things in life imo.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually in the stand within minutes of LST or right at it. I like to walk in with “gray light”. Much quieter and don’t need a flash light. I’m not racing a feeder or anything, so I guess it’s different.

Comment

45 minutes to 1 hour.

Comment

1 hour minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X