Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sailor View Post
    Women...…………...
    Lmao! ... I’m pretty rough on hunting equipment so I won’t buy a super nice rifle either. Love em, but see no need for a safe queen

Comment

I used to go cheap on everything, but learned having something that works the way I want it to, when I want it to is worth it to me. If I lose em, that’s on me.

Comment

Sunglasses. I love Oakley, couldn't bring myself to buy a pair. Wife got it for my wedding gift... Haven't lost them in 3 years. Whew.

In retrospect, I think I fear telling her I lost them more than I fear losing them.

Comment

Sunglasses

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            I've had the same pair of $40 RayBans for at least 6 years.
            Before that, I'd lost a bunch of more expensive glasses.

My best man would buy a new pair of Oakleys every time we went tubing. He lost them EVERY time. It became a ritual for him, and he accepted it.

What are you considering expensive? I've fell in love with Whistle Pig. It's the most expensive whiskey I've bought, but still a lot less than a bunch that I pass.
            I don't typically go above Makers Mark, and more often than not it's CB Jackson. I used to buy Blantons when I found it, but it's pretty over rated...I found Garrison Bros wasn't as great as advertised also. I like Michters, but rarely pay for it.

Never had a bottle that didn't leak yet!

I spend money on sunglasses, pocket knives, and boots....I've found those to be worth it, and I keep up with them/take better care of them.

Comment

Sunglasses. Always break them or lose them.

Comment

Sunglasses are worth every penny. I just get Cablez and keep them around my neck if I'm not wearing them. I'm with you on knives though. I wish I could justify carrying around a nice pocket knife, but I'll either loose it or break it if I carry it.

Comment

Sunglasses. I bought a pair of academy polarized for $27 about once a year forever.

Finally broke down and bought some Costas. One week later they fell off my head and I stepped on them and broke them. Back to academy.

Comment

Tennis shoes. I will ruin shoes. Work boots I will spend money on but you can't get near as much use from the same priced tennis shoes.

Comment

I find when I spend more on something I take much better care of it. When its cheap, I break them or lose them. So I chose my battles when deciding. Sunglasses and hunting/fishing equipment are always top notch....Deer lease tools?... gimme some harbor freight!

And I like my whiskey and vodka cheap...I mix with DS or DC or water/mio so I don't give a **** about a dude's
                      weenie growing by how the oak or peat tickles his pallete while swishing in his mouth.. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

And I like my whiskey and vodka cheap...I mix with DS or DC or water/mio so I don't give a **** about a dude's
                        weenie growing by how the oak or peat tickles his pallete while swishing in his mouth.. ...
                        Bahahahaha

For me, it's pocket knives. Those suckers disappear on me bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I don't typically go above Makers Mark, and more often than not it's CB Jackson. I used to buy Blantons when I found it, but it's pretty over rated...I found Garrison Bros wasn't as great as advertised also. I like Michters, but rarely pay for it.

Never had a bottle that didn't leak yet!

I spend money on sunglasses, pocket knives, and boots....I've found those to be worth it, and I keep up with them/take better care of them.
                          Buffalo Trace for a dang good cheap bourbon. I drank Weller 107 like a fish for a while until this craze started drying it up, then prices doubled.

Comment

Most items I’d rather buy quality. I tend to actually keep up with quality gear, but I’ll lose cheap crap if I deem it replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Most items I’d rather buy quality. I tend to actually keep up with quality gear, but I’ll lose cheap crap if I deem it replaceable.
                              This for me.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                                I wont buy a high gloss fancy rifle. I shoot my stuff and I tend to not be gentle. I highly appericate the beauty of a fancy wood stocked rifle but just cant make myself buy one to scratch up.
                                Same here now. I spent a good chunk of money on a real nice rifle and hunted with it once, scratched it and now it's been in the safe 3 years wish I had my money back.

Comment

Working...
                                X