No announcement yet.

Perfect boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 20ft CC skeeter bay boat. Awesome boat. Can pull tubes, bass fish, and hit the bay with no problem. Dry ride in rough water. Budget friendly?...Depends on your budget[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same problem you do. I decided on a 2110 hybrid Nautic star.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
        That’s shallow to get on plane in!

No it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          No it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You have to go in a lot of circles, I mean a lot.[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The perfect boat doesn’t exist! Maybe if you have 4 or more you will have the perfect boat, but I know 3 isn’t enough to have the perfect boat!

Comment

You boys made me go google to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind. 8" may have been a stretch, but I'm not the only one saying theirs would get up in 12". That jackplate just about gets your prop out of the water on that boat. Jack it all the way up, trim it all the way down and hammer on it. It runs much shallower than the Nautic Stars, Blue Waves, and Pathfinder I've ridden in I know that for 100% fact. I don't do a lot of shallow water fishing, but I'll put in at the boat ramp in at the Galveston north jetty boat ramp. If the tide is not high you have to cross the sand bars. I've launched my boat at the same time as friends of mine and had to turn around to go help push them off the sand bar I just flew over. I get my estimated depths I got on plane in from how deep it was while we pushed my buddies boat off the sandbar. I sold the boat so I'm not trying to defend the boat, although I think it'll do everything OP wants to do.

Comment

I've got one more boat left in me then after it the nephew will be old enough too deal with it.

At the moment I'm torn on putting a new motor on a 2072 Alumacraft or getting one ordered from here or another shop similar too them and rigging it out exactly as I want it

Extreme Metal Fabrication is the premier Custom Aluminum Boat Builder for all of Louisiana. We build our custom boats with great pride. Unlike large retail stores, we are a locally owned LA company and we are here with you from order to delivery of your boat.

Extreme Metal Fabrication is the premier Custom Aluminum Boat Builder for all of Louisiana. We build our custom boats with great pride. Unlike large retail stores, we are a locally owned LA company and we are here with you from order to delivery of your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  You boys made me go google to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind. 8" may have been a stretch, but I'm not the only one saying theirs would get up in 12". That jackplate just about gets your prop out of the water on that boat. Jack it all the way up, trim it all the way down and hammer on it. It runs much shallower than the Nautic Stars, Blue Waves, and Pathfinder I've ridden in I know that for 100% fact. I don't do a lot of shallow water fishing, but I'll put in at the boat ramp in at the Galveston north jetty boat ramp. If the tide is not high you have to cross the sand bars. I've launched my boat at the same time as friends of mine and had to turn around to go help push them off the sand bar I just flew over. I get my estimated depths I got on plane in from how deep it was while we pushed my buddies boat off the sandbar. I sold the boat so I'm not trying to defend the boat, although I think it'll do everything OP wants to do.
                  What was your prop diameter?

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                    What was your prop diameter?
                    I couldn't tell you. I sold it and the guy who bought it just uses it to haul hay back and forth to some cattle he has on an island in Port Nechas. I text my buddy who has the same boat this morning when I was thinking about this. He said he doesn't have a hydraulic jack plate and he gets up in 18-20". I can tell you I had a 115 Suzuki 4 stroke on the 2013 hyperlift hull.

Comment

Working...
                    X