No announcement yet.

Anyone raise worms for bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to dig some monsters out of my grandparents compost pile when I was a kid. They were no farmers, but nothing organic went in the garbage. It went in an old butter tub, and my grandmother would dump it in the compost pile. That along with all the pine straw and cut grass made for a great worm population.

Comment

when i was a kid we just took the coffee grounds out and poured them around a big old oak tree ( jefferson county) ... we never had to go look elsewhere for worms they were big and fat,,,, did the same thing for many years and always had more worms that we could use,,, just carried the shovel and a bucket turned the dirt and picked them up... we probably fished for catfish two or three times a month

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
        https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=uncle+jims

This thread convinced me to purchase the Red Wiggler and European Nightcrawler mix. So far so good.

Uncle Jim's website can lead you to more resources so you can become an expert
        That’s where I was looking at buying. Did you have good results with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          There's a documentary film about a worm farm. 2 guys with a vision. Sadly in the midst of the planning they both got fired, their bird's head fell off and they traveled across country to return a briefcase full of cash. I recommend a van converted into a sheep dog for transport once the worm farm takes off.
          Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and make a comment like this... and totally redeem yourself. Well played good sir

Comment

Working...
          X