Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT

Good evening,
    I have a Kawasaki Pro FXT Ranch Edition and trying to see if I can increase ground clearance without adding a lift kit to it, and just adding slight larger tires on the stock rims. Has anyone put larger tires on the stock 12” (I think) and gained ground clearance without any rubbing?

The way it sits now, when you load 4 people and 200 lbs of corn in the back, it sags down pretty good so I am going to put the HD springs on and trying to decide if I can just put on a larger tire and gain about 2” without a lift (I know you don’t gain any clearance with the HD springs).

Let me know if anyone has done this and had any luck? Pictures would be great. Thank you.

I don’t have any experience with the Mule Pro, but on my Defender the HD springs gave me a hair under 2” of additional height after they settled in. Tires gained me another 2” as well.

Comment

The HD springs made a huge difference on mine. I can’t really comment on your tire question - I lifted mine when I swapped to 28” tires...

Comment

I have a FXR. Was told 28” is the largest tire I can run without lift.

Not much difference to the 27” it has now.
        If I ever get around to it, I’ll be going forward A-Arms with 30’s.

Comment

I have heard the 28s will fit without a lift and have been told they won’t and they will run. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with it.

No doubt I’ll be getting the HD spring to help with the sagging when loaded down but if I could get an additional 2 inches with slightly larger tires, I think I’d be in the money.

Comment

There are 5 diff stiffness settings for the mule. Mine was on "softest" at purchase. Made for velvet smooth ride but squatted under a load.
            Moved it to #4, next to "stiffest" and no issues since.

Comment

I moved mine to #5 position. Was squatting in the rear with dog box loaded with 3 pointers and 15 gallons of water.

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                I have heard the 28s will fit without a lift and have been told they won’t and they will run. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with it.

No doubt I’ll be getting the HD spring to help with the sagging when loaded down but if I could get an additional 2 inches with slightly larger tires, I think I’d be in the money.
                I was told 28s would fit also, nope only way is with a lift.

Comment

28x10x14
                  No lift
                  Super ATV rear a-arms
                  Kawi HD springs
                  EPI clutch kit
                  No rubbing
                  Gained 2" of ground clearance
                  LOVE THIS SETUP

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                    28x10x14
                    No lift
                    Super ATV rear a-arms
                    Kawi HD springs
                    EPI clutch kit
                    No rubbing
                    Gained 2" of ground clearance
                    LOVE THIS SETUP

Do the A-arms set the rear tires back?

Comment

Just curious, but why are you against lifting it? IMO they sit way too low from the factory. I had the dealer install my lift and 28's. The lift was pretty cheap if I remember correctly. It has given me no issues in some really rough country, and does great carrying a lot of weight. I couldn't imagine running one of these in my line of work without a lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Just curious, but why are you against lifting it? IMO they sit way too low from the factory. I had the dealer install my lift and 28's. The lift was pretty cheap if I remember correctly. It has given me no issues in some really rough country, and does great carrying a lot of weight. I couldn't imagine running one of these in my line of work without a lift.

I agree, they do sit too low from the factory, an additional 2 inches I think would be perfect. I’m not necessarily against a lift, I just have always been the type that the more things you add or put on, the more things that could potentially break and cause issues.

If I can find a way to gain 2” of clearance without adding a lift, I’d be interested. If there is no way to gain that clearance without a lift, then I’d potentially look into a highlighter.

I figured someone on TBH would have done this before and been successful but maybe not. Figured I’d ask first.

Comment

Here’s a pic of mine that I just sold with the 2” lift kit and HD springs with 28” tires / 14” rims. I didn’t take any measurements before or after.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                            Here’s a pic of mine that I just sold with the 2” lift kit and HD springs with 28” tires / 14” rims. I didn’t take any measurements before or after.
                            I’d assume you didn’t have anything rub? Great looking set up, those tires look awful tight though. Could be the angle of the picture though.

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                              Do the A-arms set the rear tires back?
                              Yep. That's the purpose of them. Sets the wheels back a bit. Gives Extra clearance from the fender.

I Don't like lifts. All I wanted was 2" of extra clearance, and 28's did it for me. Not sure what else you need to know, but you don't need a lift to get what you want.

Not all tires measure the same though. Be aware of that. I run Interco Sniper, and they measure true to size.

Comment

Working...
                              X