Geezer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geezer question

Saw Palmetto. Does it work or is it snake oil? How can it stay around so long if it doesn’t work?

No geezers out of 53 reads?

Comment

You need to be more formal around here. There are no geezers. Now, if you had asked the GOFs, then you'd probably get more answers.

GOF: Pet name for older members here; AKA "Grumpy Old Fart"

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

We pride ourselves in be-n GOFs.

Comment

I think all those supplements are snake oil as advertised. They may be something your body can benefit from from they are all advertised as miracle supplements which none of them are.

Comment

Don't know about that one. I do know I have tried lots of stuff that is supposed to do a lot of things to fix what ails you and they mostly don't work. Melatonin for sleep does work.

Comment

My f I l used to take Flow Max but I’ll be danged if I get on another med.

Comment

I asked my urologist about Saw Palmeto and he said it's not going to hurt you to try it but the largest peer reviewed studies show it does nothing for BPH. I tried it for 6 months and it did not help.

Comment

That’s crazyJerp! The only way this stuff is still around is that there must be thousands of folks becoming g o f,s daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    You need to be more formal around here. There are no geezers. Now, if you had asked the GOFs, then you'd probably get more answers.

I've been reading the F in GOF wrong all this time

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

But there is a Geezy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        That’s crazyJerp! The only way this stuff is still around is that there must be thousands of folks becoming g o f,s daily.
                        The placebo effect. Try telling some old geezer that the stuff he bought off TV at an astronomical price doesn't really work.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          The placebo effect. Try telling some old geezer that the stuff he bought off TV at an astronomical price doesn't really work.
                          True - I think there are a lot of supplements like that. My doc said there are people that swear it works - so placebo or not, no harm in trying it.

Comment

I take it, and I definitely pee better when taking it. If I run out and don't restock, I can tell a noticeable difference. I've tried different brands, and some work better than others. There isn't any standardization in purity and dosage with herbal stuff, so it's more of a trial and error process to find one that's actually what it says it is, I guess.

Comment

As much as I would like for the natural stuff to work (just to stick it to big pharma).....most I have tried didn't do squat. Below are about the only things that surprisingly did work. The rest of the stuff I have taken was all hokey pokey crap

Guarana - Energy
                              Melatonin - Sleep (makes me have weird dreams though)
                              Ephedrin - Energy- No longer available because it worked too well.

Comment

Working...
                              X