Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy corn.....SA heading West to Junction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to buy corn.....SA heading West to Junction.

I’m heading out to my new lease north of Junction this weekend. Where’s the best place to buy corn on my way out?

Any good options towards Menard once I’m out there?

For bonus, I’ll take any restaurant, swimming holes, or meat market recommendations as well.

Comfort-Lindner’s for corn then Alamo Meat Market for dry sausage, panas, parissa, cheese, and steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
      Comfort-Lindner’s for corn then Alamo Meat Market for dry sausage, panas, parissa, cheese, and steaks.

Do I get a discount if I drop your name? [emoji3]

Comment

Lol they might charge you more!

Comment

If you hit up Kerrville you can grab corn at Kerrville Ranch and Pet or Double L then run down the road and pick up your steaks. Call ahead ask for John and he will custom cut them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strutty’s In fair oaks. Best prices

Comment

I buy all my feed and protein at Kerrville Pet and ranch

Comment

Junction Hardware is a great place. Corn is always priced fairly, always in stock, always friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    Strutty’s In fair oaks. Best prices
                    x2.....I use the Strutty’s in Bulverde when I’m not running by a Buc-ee’s.

Comment

Holekamp's Junction Warehouse

Comment

I pickup my apple scented corn from Jupes on Bandera road just north of Helotes. Good price and they load it for you. Good folks

Comment

Looks like a lot of good options with several of them my customers, so I may have to spread my stops around.

Alamo Meat Market looks legit!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Looks like a lot of good options with several of them my customers, so I may have to spread my stops around.

Alamo Meat Market looks legit!
                            Alamo used to be a "locker" meat market and I remember going with my dad every Saturday (also went to the dump and post office) in the 60's to pick up our meat from the locker for the week. Pankratz family ran it for 60 years or so and sold it to the new owners about 5-6 years ago. They kept the same dry sausage recipe and I promise you it some of the best you will eat. They have not brought back the panas or liver sausage yet but tell me they are working on it. New owners added parisa and it is dang good also. They will custom cut your steak if you want, season it and vacuum seal it while you wait.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                              Holekamp's Junction Warehouse
                              x2 - Very friendly and a fair price on corn.

Buc-ee's usually has great prices on corn but I would burn too much gas getting to Junction with that much weight in my truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X