X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion – 1 of 7
    "SEND FORTH"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 13:1 to 15:41, Joshua 2:1-24, Hebrews 3:1 to 4:16)

At this stage in our readings through the first five books of the Bible the Israelites have been in the wilderness two years and are now camped in the desert of Paran at Kadesh Barnea which is located about a three-day walk from Mount Sinai. Archeologists today believe this is the present site of Har Karkom in the Negev desert, south of Ezuz.

Exploring the Land
    (Numbers 13:1-25)

In this study the Israelites are tested with the leader’s assessment of the Land promised to Abraham and his descendants. Yahweh asked Moses to send one leader from each tribe to go ahead of the camp and explore the land. This would be the first time in four hundred years that the twelve tribes of Israel will see the Promised Land with their own eyes. Among the twelve chosen were Caleb from the tribe of Judah (Numbers 13:6) and Hoshea from the tribe of Ephraim. Before leaving Moses changed Hoshea’s name to Yoshua (Joshua) Strong’s #H1954 Hoshea - Hebrew meaning: salvation. Strong’s #H3091 Yoshua - Hebrew meaning: YHVH is Salvation (Note: There is no letter J in the 22 letter Hebrew alphabet. The letter J did not appear historically until the 1600's). This understanding is contained in the word Hallelujah. A compound of two Hebrew words Halal and Yah. Which means Praise Yah(weh)!

Moses directed the leaders that upon entering the land they were to travel from the desert regions of the Negev up into the hill country. He specifically asked them to observe whatthe land was like and about the inhabitants and their cities. Were they good, bad, strong or weak and were there any forests? Also, as it was the beginning of the grape harvest Moses requested some fruit so the people back at the camp could see the richness of the
    land that awaited them.

The men left and for forty days explored the land just as Moses instructed. While in the Valley of Eshcol (meaning cluster) just north of Hebron they picked a cluster of grapesso heavy two men had to carry it between them on a pole. They also brought with them pomegranates and figs.

The use of fruit in the Hebrew language can also infer prophetic imagery, as the Land of Israel is also synonymous with Torah and the abundant life found in the Living Torah/Jesus in Hebrew Yeshua (Yah-Saves). The two men carrying the single cluster of grapes can be likened to the two witnesses of Yahweh, the House of Israel and the House of Judah united as one with Yeshua(Jesus) in the center the living Torah/Word of God, carrying the testimony of the resurrected life in Messiah Yeshua(Jesus). The fruit can symbolize His firstfruits and those who receive His atoning sacrifice, the cup of His Redemption. Yeshua’s word bears abundant fruit in the lives of those who taste and see that His word is good. We are also called to be fruit inspectors, which implies an established walk and the blessings that follow those who walk in His instructions. The whole context of the fruit of the Land referenced in Numbers 13 characterizes those who have the Messiah on their heart and walk in the redemptive holy lifestyle of His Word/Torah. This is called the order of Melchizedek in the Spirit of Elijah/Yeshua (the Davidic Covenant) – the goal of our salvation.

John 15:5-8 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

Report on the Exploration
    (Numbers 13:26 - 14:9)

When the twelve prominent leaders returned to camp they proudly displayed the abundant riches found in the Land (Torah) via the gigantic fruit. This was to be an encouraging sign to the people of the unfolding promises that lay ahead. However, ten leaders went on to say it was “a land that devours its inhabitants.” Planting doubt seriously questioned God’s promises to them. A lie devours. Truth gives life. Their disapproval triggered fear among the people that would ultimately consume them.

Today, some Christian and Messianic self-proclaimed prophets preach that the end of days are full of doom, gloom and despair. These false prophets plant fear among believers by giving a bad report contrary to God’s word. They teach that destruction is coming to His Bride, while Christ’s truth tells us He is preparing a Bride to marry. Yes, there will be a wedding and yes, there will be a war. If believers do not separate from unclean and unholy ways and sanctify them selves, they too will be consumed and
    swept up as in the days of Noah (Isaiah 66:17).

Ezekiel 20:33-38 “As I live [we serve the living God!],” says the Lord GOD/Yahweh Elohim, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord GOD/Yahweh Elohim. “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant [Leviticus 27:32]; I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they [the rebels] shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD/Yahweh.”

Those who are respectful to believe and act upon Yahweh’s instructions are a protected people. Those who walk in His ways will be carried over the waters of tribulation not caught in the waters of tribulation (Ezekiel 44: 23-24).

Psalm 23:4-6 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.”

Psalm 27:1-3 “Yahweh is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Yahweh is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this [the strength of Yahweh’s word] I will be confident[put my faith in].”

continues tomorrow...

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
    X