• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
    Hamilton is nasty and crowded.
    Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
    You wouldn’t believe how crowed LBJ is.
    I've seen how crowded LBJ is. Is there any way Hamilton is just as crowded?

On July 4th LBJ is like bumper cars. No way to make a wake if you wanted to.

Comment

I will never go back to lbj on any summer weekend especially a holiday weekend. WAY to crowded and dangerous for me .

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        Have you been to both?
        Many many times.
        Lived on Hamilton 3 different times, have family on LBJ and have had several family reunions there.
        What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I've seen how crowded LBJ is. Is there any way Hamilton is just as crowded?

On July 4th LBJ is like bumper cars. No way to make a wake if you wanted to.
          I don’t know anything about LBJ, but to my standards the water on Hamilton just isn’t very nice. There’s a lot of stuff to do around Hamilton, but I enjoy going to the lake to relax and don’t like all the built up stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Wfalls View Post
            I will never go back to lbj on any summer weekend especially a holiday weekend. WAY to crowded and dangerous for me .
            My family sold our house on LBJ for this very reason, summer on LBJ is like having a freeway in your yard, I loved spending time with my grandpa or friends during the winter @ the lake

Comment

Ouachita or Hamilton. Caught a 10 lb striper at Ouachita when I was a kid and its still my biggest freshwater fish to date.

Comment

Just looked at LBJ on google. Looks like a mud hole. I’d go Hamilton for sure.

Comment

Neither. Go to Lake Buchanan. Best of both worlds. Fishing, relaxing, drive upriver to the falls, and it is huge, so even if there are at of boats, you still have room to yourself. Don't go to Inks, as it is has zebra mussels and is fully infested, according to TPWD.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    Neither. Go to Lake Buchanan. Best of both worlds. Fishing, relaxing, drive upriver to the falls, and it is huge, so even if there are at of boats, you still have room to yourself. Don't go to Inks, as it is has zebra mussels and is fully infested, according to TPWD.

Buchanan is fully infested with zebra mussels, too, according to TPWD.

Twenty-seven Texas lakes can be classified as fully infested with zebra mussels, meaning the water body has an established, reproducing population: Austin, Belton, Bridgeport, Brownwood, Buchanan, Canyon, Dean Gilbert (a 45-acre Community Fishing Lake in Sherman), Eagle Mountain, Georgetown, Granger, Grapevine, Inks, Lady Bird, Lewisville, Livingston, Lyndon B. Johnson, Marble Falls, Medina, O.H. Ivie, Pflugerville, Placid, Randell (local Denison access only), Ray Roberts, Richland Chambers, Stillhouse Hollow, Texoma, and Travis.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Many many times.
                      Lived on Hamilton 3 different times, have family on LBJ and have had several family reunions there.
                      What am I missing?
                      That’s the first hand feedback I was looking for. Thank you sir

Comment

Another vote for Buchanan.
                        Definitely not lbj...way too many boats on basically a narrow river.
                        Never been on Hamilton.

Comment

We’ve been to all lakes mentioned above multiple times. We lived in Hot Springs for a bit and still visit family there several times a year. When we go up we normally go to Lake Ouachita, much bigger and you can always find good water. You can always get a cabin or rent an rv and have it delivered to the site for you. We have done that a few times. We’ve even taken our stuff and camped on one of the islands. The lakes in general are very clean up there. If you decide on Arkansas lakes you won’t be disappointed at all.

Hamilton is right in town and will be more crowded for sure but I wouldn’t let that stop you. It’s still not near as bad as LBJ. Not sure why but the boaters out there seem to have some sense, there’s always a couple but I’ve seen some real idiots on LBJ. Hot Springs is a pretty cool town as well, lots of history up there. I’d spend a couple hours and go to the gangster museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            Just looked at LBJ on google. Looks like a mud hole. I’d go Hamilton for sure.
                            Far from a mud hole. It's a pretty **** nice lake other than the boat traffic. Full of fish as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                              We’ve been to all lakes mentioned above multiple times. We lived in Hot Springs for a bit and still visit family there several times a year. When we go up we normally go to Lake Ouachita, much bigger and you can always find good water. You can always get a cabin or rent an rv and have it delivered to the site for you. We have done that a few times. We’ve even taken our stuff and camped on one of the islands. The lakes in general are very clean up there. If you decide on Arkansas lakes you won’t be disappointed at all.

Hamilton is right in town and will be more crowded for sure but I wouldn’t let that stop you. It’s still not near as bad as LBJ. Not sure why but the boaters out there seem to have some sense, there’s always a couple but I’ve seen some real idiots on LBJ. Hot Springs is a pretty cool town as well, lots of history up there. I’d spend a couple hours and go to the gangster museum.
                              We’ve done Hamilton and liked it. Didn’t find it too crowded. Who did you use for RV rental?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X