2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Bull! You didnt hit him too far forward. What the heck? Makes me feel a little better about the deer I hit perfect and lost this year. Please start a thread with that video so the forum can see. Crazy crazy crazy
    Hahaha, I am boggled also.

I shot him with a Ramcat Hydroshock broadhead and 1-3/8" cutting diameter. I figured it should have hit something vital. lol

I will start a new thread and share.

J

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
      Exactly what I was thinking. If he was quartering to, dead deer, if he was broadside, dead deer, if he was quartering away, dead deer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      That's right. On top of that there is a chunk of arrow shaft wiggling around in his lungs as he walks.

Comment

Caught him slipping about 8:30 yesterday morning chasing a doe with a smaller buck. 4 years of history with him, always had weak G3’s but nice G2s. Touch under 16 wide, G2s were 13.5 and just under 12.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Caught him slipping about 8:30 yesterday morning chasing a doe with a smaller buck. 4 years of history with him, always had weak G3’s but nice G2s. Touch under 16 wide, G2s were 13.5 and just under 12.
          That's a nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats man. He's a stud.

Glad your day turned out to be productive.

J

Comment

Dang, man. Helluva first sit. LOL

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, it started off rough but hard to complain about the outcome! I got it on video as well not sure how to upload though.

Comment

Thanks, it started off rough but hard to complain about the outcome! I got it on video as well not sure how to upload though.
                  Yeah, the upload screen says you can upload some video formats but none of them worked for me. Kept giving me an error.

I ended up just uploading to youtube as "unlisted" so the only people who can see it are with the link I posted.

Let me know if you upload it to youtube and I can assist in getting setup on here like my video.

J

Comment

Stud! I underestimated him from the trail pic

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Stud! I underestimated him from the trail pic
                      He was deceiving, here are some progression pics of him. Last year may have been his best year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                        Has it been heavy traffic of other hunters? Roads good or sloppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        There's going to be a lot of traffic at the beginning of season the just like everywhere else it slows down. I've never had problems with the roads untill last year on the very southern portion north of 83. I slid all over the roads as they were still rutted from timber harvest and a down pour. If you have a doe tag I under hunting bannister but I prefer to hunt other parts of ANF if I can. There's deer all over the forest though just try to find where they are avoiding pressure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

3pt just came in and left. Lola gave it a pass, there are better Bucks here

Comment

The absolute suck that has been my 2020 deer season found a way to reach a new low for me yesterday. I lost my first buck ever. Based on his reaction at the shot I thought he’d be dead within 20 yards, but there was so little blood even a bloodhound couldn’t pick him up.

My only hope is that, despite his reaction, I didn’t make as good a shot as I’d thoght and he’ll survive.

Comment

Well my wife passed that first buck Friday evening. Even though he's plenty old he just "wasn't her buck". Lol I told her she was crazy and just enjoyed videoing him dog doe around. We watched him for over an hour.

Yesterday evening we had deer everywhere when her buck stepped out pushing doe. The sun had her all jacked up so he came in and out 3 times before she could see through the scope good enough. It was a great hunt. I thoroughly enjoy hunting with her even if she doesn't do it much.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                                Well my wife passed that first buck Friday evening. Even though he's plenty old he just "wasn't her buck". Lol I told her she was crazy and just enjoyed videoing him dog doe around. We watched him for over an hour.

Yesterday evening we had deer everywhere when her buck stepped out pushing doe. The sun had her all jacked up so he came in and out 3 times before she could see through the scope good enough. It was a great hunt. I thoroughly enjoy hunting with her even if she doesn't do it much.

Wow! Nice buck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X