2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    I’m seeing a good wind switch on Sunday and temps dropping. Not real cold but cool enough
    Enough for me also. Hahaha. I may to try again early next week. Would hate to wait until thanksgiving week.

From what I am seeing on cameras at my place, the big guys have been moving about an hour after sunset for the last week or two. But they seem to be getting closer and closer to last light each day.

Good luck on your first sit.

J

Comment

Yeah looks like a good rain Sunday morning and temp drop into the 40’s around kennard. I’ll be spending the day in the field. Time for those mid day cruisers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone hunting or has hunted Bannister WMA, north of Sam Rayburn ?

Comment

I have, what do you need to know about bannister?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Would love to see
            Ok, hoping this works. Been trying to get this to upload for a couple days. Had to just upload to youtube.

I still dont know how it didnt put him down. I guess he was quartering toward me more than I thought.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QtaQ8xPZ9d4"]- YouTube[/ame]

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Ok, hoping this works. Been trying to get this to upload for a couple days. Had to just upload to youtube.

I still dont know how it didnt put him down. I guess he was quartering toward me more than I thought.

- YouTube

J
              He is a nice deer.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Yes sir.

I shot him during bow season and hit him a little forward. I found out he was still alive this week and happy to see him still moving around.

J

Comment

- YouTube

J
                  I'm confused. How did that not kill him? Is that the entrance?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                    I have, what do you need to know about bannister?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Has it been heavy traffic of other hunters? Roads good or sloppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                      I'm confused. How did that not kill him? Is that the entrance?

His side showing in the video would have been the exit side with my arrow pushing skin from the inside just a little.

I hit him on his right side with what I felt was a square broadside shot, but a little forward. He was either quartering toward me a hair or he moved after hearing the shot.

Seeing where the arrow tip is pushing skin, I dont know how he isnt in my freezer.

J

Comment

His side showing in the video would have been the exit side with my arrow pushing skin from the inside just a little.

I hit him on his right side with what I felt was a square broadside shot, but a little forward. He was either quartering toward me a hair or he moved after hearing the shot.

Seeing where the arrow tip is pushing skin, I dont know how he isnt in my freezer.

J
                        Wow. They're amazing critters.

Comment

Yes sir.

I shot him during bow season and hit him a little forward. I found out he was still alive this week and happy to see him still moving around.

J

Bull! You didnt hit him too far forward. What the heck? Makes me feel a little better about the deer I hit perfect and lost this year. Please start a thread with that video so the forum can see. Crazy crazy crazy
                          Last edited by GarGuy; 11-14-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                            Wow. They're amazing critters.

Yes they are.

And I am glad for that.

J

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Bull! You didnt hit him too far forward. What the heck? Ma kg es ne feel a little better about the deer I hit perfect and lost this year. Please start a thread with that video so the f iui rum can see. Crazy crazy crazy
                              Exactly what I was thinking. If he was quartering to, dead deer, if he was broadside, dead deer, if he was quartering away, dead deer.

Comment

That is absolutely crazy he is still walking around

Comment

Working...
                                X