Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Rem 223 SPS with 16.5" or other option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Rem 223 SPS with 16.5" or other option?

I am looking at a Remington 223 SPS with the 16.5" barrel. It pretty much matches what I am looking for. In a perfect world I would like to shave a little weight off of the listed 7.5 pounds for what we will use it for.

I will be adding my can to it so that is the reason for the 16.5" barrel. We won't be shooting past 300 yards if that.

I have a Remington 308 LTR that I have been really happy with so that led me to this gun. That said if there is anything else I should be looking at I would love to hear it from you guys that know this way better than me. I am trying to stay south of $1k.

I’d budget for a Timney or triggertech too.

Maybe a Ruger Ranch or Howa?

Comment

Are you set on 223? If not check out the ruger ranch in 6.5g. It has a 16” threaded barrel. They also make it in 223,300blk and 7.62 x 39.

I’ve got a ruger ranch in 300 blk and it’s sub MOA at 100 with Barnes tac-Tx.. I use it as my buggy gun and it’s perfect for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks I like the looks of the Ruger Ranch Rifle. I already have a 300Blk and am trying to make use of the 556 can I have... that is why the 223.

Comment

If your just looking for other options I wouldn't discount the CZ 527 rifles either in .223. Some models come threaded, never seen one that was not a shooter, superior trigger, and will be a much nicer rifle overall.

Comment

Understood about the remigton, but have you given thought to savage 223 with a 20” bbl?

Comment

Working...
            X