One bad thing about all the rain and high grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One bad thing about all the rain and high grass

Chiggers! I went to the lease this weekend and made sure I sprayed down real good and wore snake/brush gaiters. When we were done working about sundown I took a shower and changed into shorts and flip flops because we were just going to stay in the cabin or on the porch. However I did make a couple of trips to get something out of the truck which was all it took I guess - I now have 30+ chigger bites on each leg. (Fortunately they did not make it up to the nether regions.) It's been a long time since I've dealt with these things - I'd forgotten how maddening it is.

im all eatin up as well.

Comment

Ouch! I have yet to find the chiggers (knock on wood) but the pup brought several ticks home from the lease in Livingston this weekend.

Comment

They are definitely the spawn of Satan. I hates them more than any living thing!

except poison ivy.

Comment

I picked up my fair share this weekend as well

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Headed out this weekend and I'll be extra careful.

Comment

Yep! I've been itching mine all dang day.

Comment

Heard wiping down with listerine will kill them off before they get their chance to digg in !
                So I have been wiping down where they are normally troublesome for me then showering
                Then a second dose on legs and elastic bands

Comment

Yup. Picked up a load last weekend.

Comment

I went to the lease this past weekend so far nothing ?

Comment

May or may not believe this, but I guess I can’t get them.

Comment

Some diesel rags tied around your ankles.

Comment

Any of yall ever spray down with anything on your pants or shoes and socks, to try and keep this suckers off? Have a little trip planned to a small cabin with the wife and the dog. Sure dont want to walk the dog around and get eaten up by those devils. Sawyer makes a spray that you spray on your clothes. Or how about like deep woods off?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Some diesel rags tied around your ankles.
                            And some in a jockstrap cup holder just Incase

Comment

Would permethrin work? Anyone tried that? Of course it’s for clothes only so wouldn’t work for OP when he went out with shorts and sandals.

Comment

Working...
                              X