Knife set recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife set recommendation

So I’ve been using a knife butcher set from academy (it was a gift) for the last couple years and I’ve gotten to the point that I am ready to toss them for good. They suck! Lol. The steel is incredibly hard to get an edge on to my liking and they don’t hold an edge for crap. I’ve broken down at least 10 deer and processed two elk with them and I want an upgrade. The wife told me to let her know and Santa will have it added to the list.

With that being said, what are the top knife sets as of today for breaking down an animal? These won’t be used for packing or on a back country hunt but used for final processing at home such as deboning, cutting steaks, etc.

Thanks for all your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like outdoor edge’s full sets or their replaceable blade knifes. I have also used the havalon talon and I liked that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a dexter/Russell or Victorinox 5 or 6 inch semi stiff and be done. Something like an 8” is also good for cutting steaks.

Comment

Cutco?

Comment

The cutco sportsman ls blade with the double D edge is a deer dismemberer! I’ve cleaned probably 50 deer with it before I sent it back to the factory for a sharpening.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I believe ole Sandy Claws is gonna bring me a Cutco Sportsman. I did not ask for the Double D but I hear it is a hoss. If mine works anywhere near what I expect it to, I will order myself a Double D serrated edge version.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Get a dexter/Russell or Victorinox 5 or 6 inch semi stiff and be done. Something like an 8” is also good for cutting steaks.
              This, will fit your need exactly.

Comment

This is what we have been using for years. Victorinox butcher set.
                Stays sharp, quality made and the right tools for the job.

Comment

Get a good boning knife from a local restaurant supply house or the net.

Comment

Working...
                  X