No announcement yet.

Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on purchasing some land and taking a nice animal off f it!

Comment

Has anyone called recently to put some pressure on them to draw names for areas? I dont want to be the only person being a pain in the @**.

Comment

I had emailed about 2 weeks back to ask. Also, my old man is wanting to tag along and not be a hunter, just a passenger essentially. Do any of y'all know the rules behind that?

Comment

I know the last day to Pay was 10-4, so all the permits should be assigned by now. The park does the area assignment. And it states you can have one non hunter join, I am just not sure on how the process actually goes for that.

Comment

Sounds good! Thanks Jared. Good luck and hope to see y'all out there with a 2 wheeled cart dragging monsters out!

Comment

Originally posted by erikbeagle View Post
              I had emailed about 2 weeks back to ask. Also, my old man is wanting to tag along and not be a hunter, just a passenger essentially. Do any of y'all know the rules behind that?
              You can have one nonhunter per permitted hunter. I do think they have to attend the orientation. But not sure.

Comment

I am hoping the youth weekend before us posts some reviews that are favorable. I love a good weekend in the field, but I prefer to hear stories of the next generation filling tags.
                Either way I am planning on having a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                  I know the last day to Pay was 10-4, so all the permits should be assigned by now.
                  This requires two different Government entities to cooperate at a Government pace. Might take another month.

Comment

Haha, that is true. But looking back at years past, people were posting their assigned area around Oct 10th. I was hoping they would be running about the same pace this year.

Comment

Got a unit number! 3D I understand the unit 3 but need to figure out where D is.

Comment

I think that is your designated parking spot. If I recall you can hunt all of 3 but must park at D.

Comment

That is what I was seeing from earlier post, the letter designation is your parking spot for units that have multiple hunters. Now I am pumped up waiting on my email.

Comment

I am assuming you received it through email. I however, have not received anything.

Comment

I got unit 7, spot H. The biggest dang tract it looks like, with 9 other hunters. Hoping for safety and success!

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                                I am assuming you received it through email. I however, have not received anything.
                                Yes via email. My buddy on the same application hasn't gotten any emails. Go figure. I'm hunting with the rifle in my avatar, don't let the rooster fool you as it is the latest weathervane technology in windage compensation.
                                Last edited by ABWGTX; 10-10-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X