Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are other countries up and running again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Definitely a strange place!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Their bikini team is top notch!

Comment

Singapore was the gold standard for all of this. Seems like they are getting big spikes on cases.

Comment

Singapore was the gold standard for all of this. Seems like they are getting big spikes on cases.

You know what causes spikes in cases? Increases in testing.

Singapore
        Coronavirus Cases:
        Deaths:

Singapore Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          You know what causes spikes in cases? Increases in testing.

Singapore
          Coronavirus Cases:
          Deaths:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ntry/singapore
          Actually, seems to be among their guest workers as they are housed in a small area. But it is still good to see they are ramping up the testing.

Comment

Just saw on the news Sweden isnt shuttingdown. A good social experiment and control group for our crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Just saw on the news Sweden isnt shuttingdown. A good social experiment and control group for our crap.
              Not terrible for 10 million people. Guess we will see how they end up.

Sweden
              Coronavirus Cases:
              Deaths:

Sweden Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Comment

I don’t know anything about Sweden, but if they are going to trudge thru this without shutting down they have my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  Sweden has been under governmental control by the SDP since 1930’s SDP = social Democratic Party
                  Weird spot for sure. Their diversity percentage is pretty low. Will be interesting to see what we can learn from their Corona reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    Weird spot for sure. Their diversity percentage is pretty low. Will be interesting to see what we can learn from their Corona reaction.
                    Not horrible but not smooth sailing either.
                    As of today:
                    The death rate in Sweden has now risen significantly higher (2,355 deceased) than many other countries in Europe, reaching more than 21 per 100,000 people, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University, controlled for population.
                    By contrast, Denmark has recorded more than seven deaths per 100,000 people, and both Norway and Finland less than four.
                    Sweden has registered 18,640 coronavirus cases and 2,194 deaths among its population of 10.3 million people.
                    Denmark has had 8,773 cases and 422 deaths in a population of 5.8 million, Norway 7,449 cases and 202 deaths among its 5.4 million people, and Finland 4,576 cases and 190 deaths in its population of 5.5 million.

Comment

Not horrible but not smooth sailing either.
                      As of today:
                      The death rate in Sweden has now risen significantly higher (2,355 deceased) than many other countries in Europe, reaching more than 21 per 100,000 people, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University, controlled for population.
                      By contrast, Denmark has recorded more than seven deaths per 100,000 people, and both Norway and Finland less than four.
                      Sweden has registered 18,640 coronavirus cases and 2,194 deaths among its population of 10.3 million people.
                      Denmark has had 8,773 cases and 422 deaths in a population of 5.8 million, Norway 7,449 cases and 202 deaths among its 5.4 million people, and Finland 4,576 cases and 190 deaths in its population of 5.5 million.
                      I've read some commentary regarding the numbers. The pro-side hypothesis says the "herd immunity" gained by Sweden will have their numbers fall dramatically while countries flattening the curve will continue to add deaths for the foreseeable future.

We shall see.

Comment

I've read some commentary regarding the numbers. The pro-side hypothesis says the "herd immunity" gained by Sweden will have their numbers fall dramatically while countries flattening the curve will continue to add deaths for the foreseeable future.

We shall see.
                        I don't know about the herd immunity concept as it relates to this virus. Seems to be "iffy" since not a lot of progress is being made to learn about this strain of Corona so far. I hope they come out alright.

Asked whether Sweden's approach will help it withstand a possible second wave, Tegnell said he believed it would. "It will definitely affect the reproduction rate and slow down the spread," he said, but added that it wouldn't be enough to achieve "herd immunity."
                        "We know very little about the immunity of this disease, but most of the experts in Sweden agree that some kind of immunity we definitely will have because a lot of people that have been tested so far have produced antibodies ... We hope this will make it easier for us in the long run."

Comment

I don't know about the herd immunity concept as it relates to this virus. Seems to be "iffy" since not a lot of progress is being made to learn about this strain of Corona so far. I hope they come out alright.

Asked whether Sweden's approach will help it withstand a possible second wave, Tegnell said he believed it would. "It will definitely affect the reproduction rate and slow down the spread," he said, but added that it wouldn't be enough to achieve "herd immunity."
                          "We know very little about the immunity of this disease, but most of the experts in Sweden agree that some kind of immunity we definitely will have because a lot of people that have been tested so far have produced antibodies ... We hope this will make it easier for us in the long run."
                          Whether herd immunity works or not, I hope it gets adopted by the time football season rolls around. Ready to do my part.

Comment

Whether herd immunity works or not, I hope it gets adopted by the time football season rolls around. Ready to do my part.
                            LMAOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

The entire reason for lock down was to keep hospitals from being overloaded. Sweden's aren't overloaded without a lock down. We printed several trillion for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                                The entire reason for lock down was to keep hospitals from being overloaded. Sweden's aren't overloaded without a lock down. We printed several trillion for nothing.

Yep, and the politicians and their buddies just got richer off of it. AND they're about to do it again!!

Comment

Working...
                                X