Lion Roar in the Kalahari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lion Roar in the Kalahari

Just got this video from CV Safaris of my safari in May.

Share this awesome experience of a huge male lion roaring in the Kalahari Concession, with a greatly appreciative CVS Safari Client.....May 2019 PH Clive Curtis,…

That was very cool.

Comment

Wow, I don't want to hear that walking in the dark to the blind..
      Thanks for sharing!

Comment

lions scare the crap out of me, but I want to hunt one badly.

Comment

My reaction was EXACTLY the same. The video is off the charts but it is even more impressive in person....…..you feel it literally in your soul. BEASTmode!

Comment

Wow! That's scary cool

Comment

just trying to get that hairball up.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                Wow, I don't want to hear that walking in the dark to the blind..
                Thanks for sharing!
                Heard one while night fishing at Lake Lavon back in the early '80s. I packed up and got the heck out of them bottoms pronto!

Comment

whats really crazy is lions have some of the softest voices in the "big cat" family. actually when they made the original Lion King (cartoon) they used tiger roars because they are louder a little stronger and sound more "ferocious" and anything they couldnt get off of that they had a sound tech make noises with a trash can

Comment

Incredible, thanks for posting

Comment

wow

Awesome creature

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Heard one while night fishing at Lake Lavon back in the early '80s. I packed up and got the heck out of them bottoms pronto!
                        There is a cat sanctuary across the street from the Lavon project office. We were anchored in the lake right there, as it is a good swimming area, when I heard tiger chuffing. I recognized it from the zoo. Kinda worried me, until I found out about it later. They have a bunch of big cats.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                          There is a cat sanctuary across the street from the Lavon project office. We were anchored in the lake right there, as it is a good swimming area, when I heard tiger chuffing. I recognized it from the zoo. Kinda worried me, until I found out about it later. They have a bunch of big cats.
                          This was up on unit 2. I found out that a guy that lived on the hill trained lions and tigers for circus's and such.

Comment

Awesome animal!

Comment

Awesome ! Looks like his teeth are in pretty bad shape, he must be old. Imagine what a life he has lived....

Comment

Working...
                              X