X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert Wireless Update

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Where is this setting?

EDIT: Sorry I see you guys are talking about the Phone App. Complain a lot. Its pretty easy for them to roll back

On iPhone there is no way to force an app update. They can force you to update to use it, but not update without permission if you have it set to no.

Well it did it. I can’t explain to you how but I have it set to manual and there was a pretty little “1” on the App Store badge all morning. I noticed when checking messages an hour or so later and it was not there anymore. I clicked on the Covert ap because it showed 3 new pics and it had a new fancy sign in. And here we are[emoji1303]. Never did I click it or touch the update the app icon in the store.
    Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Covert Wireless Update

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      I finally did that to resolve the not loading issue. Now it won't send me a real-time photo. I also can't get the notification that I have new images to go away. I have no new images.

Going well.

I think we all have the no real time photo issue ie commandos. Every person I have talked to has it. I got a few very early in the switch but none since. I also have the badge notification issue. Pita.

Hopefully they get them resolved soon.
      Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2019, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Mine still hasn’t updated hopefully it never does lol

Comment

It’s not the end of the world . Still getting photos. But they could have at least made the new app better than the old app. It probably is on their end. Spartan is looking a lot better to me right now. Mite have (2) 2018 ATT Code Black Cams with solar panels and Eneloops for sale pretty soon.

Comment

Good news...they moved the back arrow and settings icon down a little so now when you hit them, they react! No more 5-10 pushes to get them to do what they are supposed to.

Now if we can just get the commandos back..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Should have taken advantage of it in this spring like most of us did on TBH. $200 for ‘16s and $175 for ‘17s.... both to your door prices. They did tell us it was for a limited time. I guess that time ran out.
              I never got the upgrade email until last week. I emailed them after attempting to call twice and they told me $175 to upgrade. I tried to call 3 times yesterday to order it and after sitting on hold forever I just emailed them and asked if they could just take my order via email and we did that.

Didn't see this thread until this morning. Now I know why the phones were so busy.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                You would think, but the bad thing is I called them around a month and a half ago and was quoted a trade in of around $200 if my memory is right. Wish I would have gotten that in an email or something, but have no way to prove it. I talked to 2 people on the phone and another on their chat about it and all said the same thing. $307.99!!

Totally agree. Wish I would have. The lady I talked with acted like the price they gave me at the time was good for a while though. Oh well. You live and learn.
                Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                I never got the upgrade email until last week. I emailed them after attempting to call twice and they told me $175 to upgrade. I tried to call 3 times yesterday to order it and after sitting on hold forever I just emailed them and asked if they could just take my order via email and we did that.

Didn't see this thread until this morning. Now I know why the phones were so busy.

Jake....sounds like you need to call Covert back..

Comment

Covert chat guy said 24 hours should see the bugs all fixed.

I told them a majority of the people I've come across liked the old app better, and they said wait til the bugs are fixed and then everyone will like it better.......

Comment

They will never get it fixed if y'all keep bothering them

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Jake....sounds like you need to call Covert back..
                      Lol. I bet his old covert is a year newer. Think mine is a ‘16 model.

Comment

When we had the upgrade offer he's talking about, it was

2016 - $200
                        2017 - $175

I'd at least ask for the $200

Comment

Got a buddy right now talking to them, he has a '17 and a spring on the battery compartment came off....

They said $175 to upgrade to a new covert, and they'd send him a spring for his cam and he can just keep it (it still works currently just doesn't have the battery life).

Comment

Mine just arrived. You antsy boys let me know when that crippled site is back up and running so I can set this piece of Chinese made junk up.

Comment

Shoulda bought a Spypoint

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Mine just arrived. You antsy boys let me know when that crippled site is back up and running so I can set this piece of Chinese made junk up.

Hopefully they sent you the with setup with picture how-to....

Comment

Working...
                                X