Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 2017 or newer F250 owners had the AC go out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 2017 or newer F250 owners had the AC go out?

Had a fishing trip booked Saturday and had to cancel on Friday after AC in my 2017 F250 stopped blowing cold air. Wife refused to ride 200 miles each way with no AC (don't blame her).

Anyway...couldn't get a dealership in Madisonville or Huntsville to look at it on short notice so made an appointment for later this week near home.

I checked all the fuses I could....didn't see anything.

Searched a ton of forums but couldn't find anything useful.

Just curious if this is just my typical "Minchew luck" (I got stung by a big ***** wasp on the forehead while ranting and raving about the AC)....or if this is something that has happened to any of y'all.

Like I said....the stealership is going to fix it....but I'm curious is this is something I need to worry about in the future. My first new truck in 20+ years so it's kind of a bummer.

Thanks.

Do you know yet if it’s the compressor that went out? Migget be a dumb question. I’m just so used to working on everything but I do realize yours is under warranty.

Comment

I haven’t had the best luck with ACs in my new trucks in the past 5 years, but the AC in my 17’ F-350 is still rocking just fine.

Comment

Had I known you could used my truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if this caused the issue or not but... my buddy that is a ford technician and does A/C work told me that any time you are driving on a dirt road or in dusty conditions to either turn on Max A/C or at least make sure the recirculate button is on.

He said this will prevent extra dust from getting in the system and causing issues.

He just replaced the A/C on my 2014 F250. Luckily it was all covered under extended warranty.

Comment

It was hot as hell the day it quit working and we we're driving about 120 miles. I guess the Texas heat whooped it's a$@.

I should have a diagnosis tomorrow.

Comment

Cancelled a fishing trip!!!! That's serious!!!!

Good luck getting it fixed!

Comment

Dangit man, that blows.

Comment

Buddy of mine has a 17 f250, his went out at 5k and 15k miles.

Comment

All I got to say is ain’t no A/C gonna stop me from fishing. Roll them windows down and haul butt. The faster you go the cooler you stay[emoji16]

In all seriousness that’s a bummer hope it’s a cheap fix

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Had I known you could used my truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      X2.
                      Holler at me Bobby if you ever need a ride.
                      The wife and I carpool and my truck sits at the office.

Comment

We were in Centerville....headed to Lake o the Pines to fish with buff.

We will reschedule soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          We were in Centerville....headed to Lake o the Pines to fish with buff.

We will reschedule soon!
                          Dang. Got a Jeep too. Blows cold ac.
                          Seriously, you are welcome to either anytime.

Comment

This hasn't showed itself as a widespread problem on the Ford forums that I've seen. Mine is only a 19, but I've put 12k miles on it since March. A/C still rolling strong. Best of luck and let us know how you make out.

Comment

I guess the windows quit working too.

Comment

Working...
                              X