No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stars aligned last night after heat and acorns made for a crappy opening weekend. The corn wasn't touched much this week, so I added acorn rage yesterday afternoon. They started piling in right at sunset, and I got a shot on the biggest doe with no fawns.
    When I checked her in at Russell, they indicated that we should only be going to Tejas until the government re-opens(he checked in my deer at Russell anyway).

Hopefully they'll get these acorns cleaned up in the next few weeks and start coming into corn regularly again!
    Attached Files

Comment

nice job, congrats!

Comment

Congrats man!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to go! Congrats !

Comment

Nice one! Congrats!

Comment

Wow nice you have more patience than me, i'm taking a few days break ;-0

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

what unit were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                        Yes I know but I was wondering now that they do the permits to hunt deer all season vs how they use to block off weeks which were closed to others if they are closing it now for the season while deer hunting is going on.
                        I don't think it has changed. Still open for year round hog hunts.

Comment

Congrats on the doe!

Comment

Thanks and good luck to all!
                            Anyone seen anymore Acorn Rage on the shelves anywhere in town(Austin area)?

Comment

Anyone else ?

Comment

Hunted this evening, only had <13" bucks come in. The last two actually started chasing does right at dark! Going back in the morning....

Comment

Working...
                                X