No announcement yet.

East Tx Power Outages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they doing black outs or was there another cause?

Comment

Said something to do with a substation near Eastman. Ours came back around 7:00.

Comment

I was helping a friend put a roof over his porch, south west of lake Jacksonville this afternoon. Power kept surging and finally just went out. They ended up at his in-laws a couple miles from my house, north east of Jacksonville. Not sure if he knows if the power is back on, or not. We never lost power, according to my wife.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

In-laws spent the night with us because their power was out between Canton and Athens (came back on about 20min after they arrived at my house)

Everything I read said it was a grid issue related to a substation near Eastman chemical

Also heard a rumor there was an explosion at Eastman prior to power issues (could have been substation related) and a fire (other than flaring off product)

Hard to beleive that all the affected seemed to be SWEPCO, TVEC, And WCEC around here with others like us on ONCOR not affected

Comment

I was out from 7 pm to 10:30 in Nacogdoches. I was starting to get hot and dreaded sleeping in the heat. I was happy when it came back on.

Comment

We had the power go out once and had several brown outs yesterday. All total probably lasted an hour or so and then we were good here.

-john

Comment

All of Holly lake was out about 4 hrs.

Comment

Heard rumor it was cyber attack but cannot find anything to support that rumor with a quick Google search

Said it was on Fox news but local stations don't have anything that I found

Anybody heard the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Neighbors just text me saying our power is back on. Figures
                    I was going to offer generator to run your freezers Ours just flickered a few times

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Heard rumor it was cyber attack but cannot find anything to support that rumor with a quick Google search

Anybody heard the same?
                      I heard it was a fire in Marshall that took out a 69KV line, also heard something happened at eastman

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Anybody heard the same?
                        Anything is possible but I would like to think if this did occur they would pick an area with a larger population.

Comment

Working...
                        X