NDA from Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDA from Employer

Out of the blue, my employer has asked me to sign an NDA.

I've never had to sign one before and the last recital on there made me laugh.
    Maybe I'm not good at reading legal jargon, but if Damages would be difficult or impossible to determine how do they then determine the Damages at $900k?

I understand the part about this is supposed to be a big scary number so I dont breach the contract, but the wording seems contradictory to me.

What happens if you decline?

Comment

Maybe they are worried you will post their contractual language on the internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        Maybe they are worried you will post their contractual language on the internet...
        I know right?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          What happens if you decline?
          Not sure. Haven't gotten that far. At minimum, I wouldn't get the consideration I'm offered to sign. (which is not an issue for me)
          I would assume declining would put me at odds with the employer though

Comment

I wouldn’t sign that. Ask for 900k in consideration.

Comment

At least you know how much to sell those secrets for and still make a profit after you pay damages.

Comment

No way. Who determines if you are in breach?

Comment

if it was presented to me after I went to work I would
                  A;refuse to sign...
                  B; sign someone else's name
                  c: tell them after my attorney reviews it I might sign it, pending his advice..

I have doubts the can make you sign it after employment begins,,, kinda like saying o' yea we forgot a condition of your employment

Comment

Yeah....... I wouldn't be signing that. That is ridiculous.

Comment

Those dang lawyers!

Comment

Need to see more of the agreement to make an intelligent comment. Are you a shareholder or potential one? What happens if they fire you?

Comment

Draw a line through the $900,000 dollar line and write $9.00 then sign it. Get a copy with the companies person signature and see if they notice the subtle alteration.

Comment

Employer: “sign this document so we know you aren’t out spreading our information.”

Employee: “hmmm, let me ask 85,000 of my closest friends on what their opinion is.”

Comment

Who is your employer?

Comment

Working...
                              X