Magnus Black Hornet vs Buzzcut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
    I agree with you as well. Everyone always says a sharp blade will bleed more, which after cutting myself with broadheads it takes a while for it to stop. But I’m sure both will work just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry k350..I was in a big storm parked on the side of Discount Tire when I typed that and didn't read it through. It sounded like I was making a statement and had all the answers in my post when I was more or less discussing the theory and why I chose the straight blades. I could have worded it all differently. My good bud BoneThug swears by the Ser Razors so I am sure they are great too....I was merely sharing and looking at it from a different angle.

Comment

Great heads!
      They are wicked sharp out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Black Hornets

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Sorry k350..I was in a big storm parked on the side of Discount Tire when I typed that and didn't read it through. It sounded like I was making a statement and had all the answers in my post when I was more or less discussing the theory and why I chose the straight blades. I could have worded it all differently. My good bud BoneThug swears by the Ser Razors so I am sure they are great too....I was merely sharing and looking at it from a different angle.

It’s all good, I knew what you meant. From what I’ve read about the serrations the owner said better blood trails and bigger holes... they look cool for sure so that always helps the buying decisions lol

Comment

A razor sharp blade will always cut better than a serrated blade

Comment

i have used the stingers and buzzcuts along with the black hornets for a few years now....i prefer and will stay with the straight edge.....

a number of years ago i worked security at a hospital emergency room for about 4 years,,, my talks with surgeons lead to my decision to always use a smooth edge ..... in short the straight edge cuts cleaner with less friction and will penetrate slightly better always,,, and according to a couple of different surgeons ragged and tearing cuts clot faster which will lead to reduced blood loss,, although that really only matters on marginal or poor hits were a blood trail is needed, good hits pretty much all equals out,,, but as we all know we do not always get the hit we wanted......sharp smooth edges do bleed better,,, not an opinion, simple surgical fact

Comment

I can’t speak for the hornets but my wife and son both shoot the buzzcuts with low poundage setups and they flat out kill and quick too.

Comment

Keep in mind, the serrations are different than a steak knife serration. It cuts more than tearing. The chisels actually make a bit “longer” of a cut...when a vein/artery slips into the chisel, the next cut will be a hair wider, as the next one will be, so on and so forth.

But there’s no doubt for me that the smooth blades sharpen a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    It’s all good, I knew what you meant. From what I’ve read about the serrations the owner said better blood trails and bigger holes... they look cool for sure so that always helps the buying decisions lol

Lol....looking cool is up there on the list of "needs to have"

Comment

I shoot 125 grain buzzcuts, as does my hunting partner. They are excellent heads and we’ve both had good results (three animals recovered between us out of four animals shot-the lost pig was a tough shot angle).

I shot a pig with a frontal shot on super bowl Sunday this year. The results are pretty awesome. I picked “small” when posting these, let me know if they are too small for anyone.

The shot hit just left of center on his face, tracked along and sliced his cheek, penetrated through about 1/3 of the round base of the shoulder blade, broke a rib, cut one lung, chop sueyed the liver and didn’t stop until it hit the stomach full of grass. He only went about 40 yards.

One of the main blades and one of the bleeder blades were pretty chattered, but their opposites were still very sharp. Magnus sent me a replacement head once I emailed them the pictures.

Last edited by Army of Dad; 07-11-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                        I shoot 125 grain buzzcuts, as does my hunting partner. They are excellent heads and we’ve both had good results (three animals recovered between us out of four animals shot-the lost pig was a tough shot angle).

I shot a pig with a frontal shot on super bowl Sunday this year. The results are pretty awesome. I picked “small” when posting these, let me know if they are too small for anyone.

The shot hit just left of center on his face, tracked along and sliced his cheek, penetrated through about 1/3 of the round base of the shoulder blade, broke a rib, cut one lung, chop sueyed the liver and didn’t stop until it hit the stomach full of grass. He only went about 40 yards.

One of the main blades and one of the bleeder blades were pretty chattered, but their opposites were still very sharp. Magnus sent me a replacement head once I emailed them the pictures.

Dang talk about damage and penetration!!

Comment

Working...
                        X