GM Layoffs - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    And the main contributor to those two problems over the last 30 years BY FAR....is the United Autoworkers UNION. That's a fact, folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Man View Post
    We agree here Dale
    Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    Let it be written...let it be done!
    Nobody likes workers negotiating for their rights as a group?

Comment

We (taxpayers) lost 11.2B dollars on the GM bailout! GM used the money to invest in expansion in China’s economy, not America’s. The government took a 61% share in GM upon the bailout then pushed GM to make small electric cars nobody wants. Think Chevy Volt/Bolt
      Just further proof that big government sucks at any form of management.
      And somehow these plant closures will be Trumps fault.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        We (taxpayers) lost 11.2B dollars on the GM bailout! GM used the money to invest in expansion in China’s economy, not America’s. The government took a 61% share in GM upon the bailout then pushed GM to make small electric cars nobody wants. Think Chevy Volt/Bolt
        Expansion into China's economy doesn't mix well with China trade wars. Yes Trump will be blamed but it takes two to tango. Increased raw material prices and decreased Chinese demands for ag are putting the pinch to a lot of businesses right now and mark my words, we are headed for another slowdown...just in time for the next election cycle which gives both parties an opportunity to point fingers at each other. The auto bailouts & too big to fail was/is one of the biggest scams on the American taxpayer I've ever seen.

Comment

US automakers have two problems...poor quality, and high prices. And the main contributor to those two problems over the last 30 years BY FAR....is the United Autoworkers UNION. That's a fact, folks!

One exception that I've seen when traveling abroad is that many Japanese prefer to buy Japanese brands that are assembled in the U.S. (Toyotas, etc.) They tend to be higher quality with less problems...or at least that's what a lot of Japanese folks told me when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
            One exception that I've seen when traveling abroad is that many Japanese prefer to buy Japanese brands that are assembled in the U.S. (Toyotas, etc.) They tend to be higher quality with less problems...or at least that's what a lot of Japanese folks told me when I was there.
            Do they still have planned obselesnce in japan where you cant drive a vehicle older than X number of years?

Does Japan have crazy strict emissions laws like we do?

Comment

Same goes for China as well. Hear it all the time over there. Even they understand most of their stuff is junk. Until recently unless you lived in a big city there with a mall American made was hard to find. But now they all just purchase the products from Amazon and TaoBoa(Chinese Amazon).

Comment

I think the Unions have a place, the role should just be shifted to cut into the disparity between the CEO / Executive handouts and the normal everyday workers.

How these executive members keep gouging their companies while others within the same company suffer is insane.

Comment

Expansion into China's economy doesn't mix well with China trade wars. Yes Trump will be blamed but it takes two to tango. Increased raw material prices and decreased Chinese demands for ag are putting the pinch to a lot of businesses right now and mark my words, we are headed for another slowdown...just in time for the next election cycle which gives both parties an opportunity to point fingers at each other. The auto bailouts & too big to fail was/is one of the biggest scams on the American taxpayer I've ever seen.
                  Spot on.

Comment

US automakers have two problems...poor quality, and high prices. And the main contributor to those two problems over the last 30 years BY FAR....is the United Autoworkers UNION. That's a fact, folks!

Lol yep. Very poor product at a high price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Trucks and SUVs are not poor products

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        Thanks Bush

Comment

“I got to get inside a brand-new Chevy Volt fresh off the line,” Obama announced to a cheering crowd of United Auto Workers activists. “Even though Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it. But I liked sitting in it. It was nice. I’ll bet it drives real good. And five years from now when I’m not president anymore, I’ll buy one and drive it myself.”

Now it looks like Obama will not get his chance to make good on the promise. General Motors announced Monday that it would cease production of the hybrid electric plug-in Volt and its gas-powered sister car the Cruze.......

The Volt and the Cruze were two of the signature achievements of the partnership between the Obama administration and General Motors following the auto-industry bailout. Although the Volt was long-planned by GM executives, it received a lot of support from the administration. Obama described the Cruze as “the car of the future.”.......

The failure of both the Volt and the Cruze is instructive. The Volt was a very high-priced car that was heavily subsidized by government policies, both federal and state, favoring electric vehicles. Many thought its high-price tag doomed it, especially since the gas-powered Cruze was a very similar car at a lower price point. But neither achieved the expected sales. These were cars Americans did not want.

What a dunce, about as successful as Solyendra !

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                            Thanks Bush
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              The Trucks and SUVs are not poor products

You are right, still superior to anything else out there.

Comment

I was bummed that they aren't going to make the Impala anymore. Those are dern nice cars. And Ford isn't going to make cars anymore so where does that leave me?? SOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X