Abilene state park 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abilene state park 2022

So I saw that the archery and rifle hunt are going on at the same time this year at Abilene state park. That should make for an interesting mix. I was wondering if they had done this in the past and if any other TBHers made the draw. I didnt get the archery hunt but I drew for the Gun either sex.

You will be hunting different areas of the park so it won't be an issue.
    Last edited by bigchiefj; 10-05-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

My dad and myself drew the rifle hunt. We'll see you there!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
        So I saw that the archery and rifle hunt are going on at the same time this year at Abilene state park. That should make for an interesting mix. I was wondering if they had done this in the past and if any other TBHers made the draw. I didnt get the archery hunt but I drew for the Gun either sex.
        If not mistaken, the bow hunt is in the actual park/camping area and the gun hunt is west of Hwy 89 around the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
          You will be hunting different areas of the park so it won't be an issue.
          I figured it would be but I was mostly curious on how spread out it was or what the setup was going to be like. It sounds like a really fun hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
            My dad and myself drew the rifle hunt. We'll see you there!!!!
            Awesome! Are yall staying in the park for the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
              If not mistaken, the bow hunt is in the actual park/camping area and the gun hunt is west of Hwy 89 around the lake.
              That sounds pretty cool then! Is the lake down low like the rest of the state?

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                Awesome! Are yall staying in the park for the hunt?
                Yes sir that's the game plan as of right now. How about you?

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                  Yes sir that's the game plan as of right now. How about you?
                  Yes sir! Was thinking about either camping or reserving one of the yurts.

Comment

Getting close to the hunt (tomorrow through Thursday). I'm looking forward to it.

Supposed to be warm(ish) and a decent shot of it raining on Wednesday.
                    Last edited by BradBryant1000; 12-05-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

We drew the archery hunt. Headed out there in the morning

Comment

Fun hunt! Did the archery couple years ago and was successful. We stayed in the yurts, good price for what you get. Park rangers were very accommodating, we really enjoyed the whole experience. Don’t be scared to hunt near picnic tables, empty camp sites, or the area near the pool, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                          We drew the archery hunt. Headed out there in the morning
                          Let us know how y’all do. I went on one there about 8 years ago and had a blast. Was there with 3 or 4 other TBHers and we had an epic thread going on here for the entire hunt. Like was mentioned above don’t be afraid to hunt around the campsites, pool area, softball field or the restrooms. This is not a conventional hunt, but you should see plenty of deer and should bring home some meat. Good luck!

Comment

Set up in the famous spot 66!!

Comment

Working...
                            X