No announcement yet.

Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side note, when we went to check in deer the CWD team told us that 3 deer from the lower part of the lake tested positive this year. All ours so far have come back not detected.

Comment

Waiting in the fog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
        Waiting in the fog

How cold is it out there this evening ng

Comment

Upper 50s, wind swirling, temps aren’t bad, just damp on and off.

Comment

Nice! Looks like area 4 in that pic. Love that canyony country. Good luck!

We just got in place, hung out too long for early Thanksgiving dinner. Deer we're really moving in camp around 2 to 3 when the mist started to break.

Comment

Wife had to go home to work tomorrow so I sent my buddy over to the spot she's been hunting. He killed an 8 point but I can't get the pic to load.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Wife had to go home to work tomorrow so I sent my buddy over to the spot she's been hunting. He killed an 8 point but I can't get the pic to load.

Don’t tell her she’s gonna be ******.

Congrats and i am jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                  Don’t tell her she’s gonna be ******.

Congrats and i am jealous.

Lol right. She actually wanted somebody to sit there, he text her to get the exact spot and all.

Weather turns tomorrow supposedly so we'll see if the patterns change. There's scrapes everywhere but haven't seen anything chasing. My big kid and I sat a new spot tonight and didn't see anything at all. Little kid was quite a ways away and had deer around him but no shot opportunities, said if I would have sat where I did yesterday there were two groups of deer that cruised right through where I would've been. I guess I'll try to get back over there tomorrow.

Comment

Turkey day in the fog, not seeing anything so far. Wish me luck.

Comment

Man it's a beautiful day for an all day hunt with this misty fog still hanging around. If there's anything out there you'll see something. Deer are moving, big solo doe cruised by our campsite just now.

Comment

Any chasing going on?

Comment

I haven't seen anything chasing yet but there's scrapes everywhere. Hunting the scrapes haven't yielded squat though. I'm gonna hunt more of a feeding area tonight and ignore the scrapes.

Comment

T-4… I believe the rut is going to happen with the full moon which should be in the next few weeks

Comment

I'm gonna try to make at least one more trip but most of our extended trips are done now. Looks like rain tomorrow so we'll probably head home in the morning.

Took this pic yesterday, drives me nuts I see this all the time big pile of sticks from an old blind and bottles all scattered around. Why don't people pack out their empty bottles? It's easier than carrying them in, they're lighter now!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Slow morning for me, on saw one deer when i bumped it.

Gonna try a different area if isn’t raining too bad Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X