Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The green screen users on here scoff at slick tricks for some reason, something about a terrible blood trail, blah, blah. I use slick tricks and have had lots of success.

I currently use 125GR slick trick magnum ,300 Easton Axis 4mm, about 495 grains, 287 FPS and 70 pound draw.

Comment

Appreciate that info and pics.
        edit: ^Slick Trick are my go-to for deer so I'd love to use them for everything else as well.

Comment

Dang nice bull mgperez. Where was that taken at?

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post

Thank you. One from LANWR the other just north of Raymondville.

Not sure why on the Slick trick hate but to each their own I’ve had many many kills with them and old ferrules that are seemingly indestructible and hard to retire. The blade locking system is genius and they are affordable to shoot with replacement blades. Aside from not being cut on contact for lighter poundage shooters they check all the boxes for me.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Appreciate that info and pics.
              edit: ^Slick Trick are my go-to for deer so I'd love to use them for everything else as well.

Yes sir! [emoji1018]

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post

This is the bull hanging in the cropped photo. Looks like he just got off the feedlot he was thick.
                [emoji1018][emoji1018][emoji1018]

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                  Let talk about what arrow weight and specs are best for those hunting Laguna, especially thinking about Nilgai.

What grains and what broadheadgood luck to those selected
                  My typical set up is 500 grains (GT Hunter XT 340) with some type of mechanical (probably Grim Reapers this year, Rage in the past). I have a short draw and shoot those about 250 FPS, so I'm looking to maximize penetration all the time.

Comment

Any idea how many hunters will be on the place for a given hunt?

Comment

Hoping 2nd draw brings us some luck. Been quite a few years since I didn’t draw Laguna.

I took a cow last year and was ready to go back and find the bull that has my arrow in his shoulder for round 2

Comment

We got drawn for teniente 11/17-11/20. I was planning going to a magnus black hornet ser razor. But hadn’t thought about slick trick honestly. Not sure which is better but I definitely wanna go to a 125g fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
                          We got drawn for teniente 11/17-11/20. I was planning going to a magnus black hornet ser razor. But hadn’t thought about slick trick honestly. Not sure which is better but I definitely wanna go to a 125g fixed.

I’ve heard great reports on the magnus line I’ve bought some but haven’t shot them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post

200 permits per hunt I believe. Numbers drop as the hunt progresses weather dependent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                              Thoughts on Teniente vs Laguna?

I prefer Tentiente. Fewer people, thicker easier to set up for archery, no check in or out, NO RED TAPE OVER TICKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post

Think 200 permits per hunt. I’ve never bow hunted there but from what I hear about 20% or more are no shows and half of those that are leave by the second evening. At least it seems that way following along here

Comment

Working...
                                X