Airless Sprayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airless Sprayer?

Anyone have experience with some of the “cost effective” airless sprayers? HF, Grayco, etc. I don’t need one badly enough to drop a grand but would use one from time to time.

I painted my house with one from Lowe's. I couldn't tell you the model but it was about $300 I think. Once I learned how to use it properly, it worked beautifully. I didn't like the prep associated with spraying versus rolling.

Comment

Gotten a lot of use out of the harbor freight one for ~$170 on sale. clean it thoroughly and oil the piston. it is noisy but works fine. buy a few higher brand spray tips to go with it and a longer hose. my wife is comfortable using it once you get it set up.

Comment

I also painted my house with a Wagner. Really happy with the results. FYI....masking tape and brown paper are your friend!

Comment

I got the Graco from Lowe’s. Picked it up on close out as it was previous year model. Been trouble free and painted entire basement walls and ceiling along with kitchen cabinets with it. 2 ft extension came in handy for ceiling. I got the one with that’s on a wheeled cart for $300. Clean up with water then run some conditioner through it before storing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interested in this as well. I’ve been looking at the Graco’s at Home Depot. Specifically the Magnaum X5. I’m wanting one to repaint my hardie siding and other projects around the house.

Comment

I bought one of the $100 Wagner, painted my house then threw it away. It was worth it!

Comment

I have the one from Harbour Freight, have painted 5 deer blinds and two feeders with it.

It worked fine and have had no issues with it, think it was about $165

Comment

I have a Graco. Painted my house a year and a half ago with it, then 2 weeks ago made $2000 with it painting a house with it. It cost me $400 at Home depot or Lowes.
                  It works great and really worth the money

Comment

I also a Grayco X5 and make a living with it doing an assortment of paint and finishing projects. I probably spray about 40 plus gallons a year

Comment

I have a Grayco and a small Wagner and both of them have been worth every penny.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on how much you will use it. If you are going to paint the whole house and/or outside of your house, get one. You will be happy you did. If you are just gonna do a room here or there or an occasional deer blind I don't think i'd spend the money. Wagner also makes a "Smart Roller" that will run circles around your regular roller setup. You manually suck the paint up into the handle and it has a trigger to push that paint into the roller as you go. I used them re-painting apartments and they did a great job. They are 25.00 at Home Depot and will easily cut your time in half from a regular roller. Not quite as fast as a spray rig, but also not nearly as expensive and less mess.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                          Interested in this as well. I’ve been looking at the Graco’s at Home Depot. Specifically the Magnaum X5. I’m wanting one to repaint my hardie siding and other projects around the house.
                          I have one, used it to re-paint my kitchen cabinets (oil) and it came out awesome. It makes quick work of painting. Prep on the other hand....

Comment

Titian 440 works very well around 700.00 dollars

Comment

I have a Graco from Lowes. I love it. It was $500-$600 IIRC. I've had it for 7-8 years. I'm using it to paint my new house as I get it sided.

This is the master suite where it comes off the main house. The main house is 1x6 clear pine and the master suite is board and batten(Hardie).

A one man operation is a slow go.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X