November 22, 1963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 22, 1963

I was 10 years old and in 5th grade. We can back in from recess and all the teachers were crying and the TV's were on. President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas Texas. It was a intense day and before the afternoon was over, JFK was pronounced dead.

I have always suspected that Johnson was the culprit that ordered the hit but there are other viable suspects like Cuba, The Mafia and Russia.

I was in 2nd grade - Miss Rudy's class at Hoover Elementary in Tulsa. The principal came over the intercom to announce that the president had been assassinated. Miss Rudy was a big fan of Kennedy - she tried to keep it together but soon broke down, weeping hysterically. I remember all us kids just sitting there in silence while she cried and wrote WHY? WHY? WHY? all over the chalkboard.

Comment

Dad was 5 years old at the time. Told me he came home that day and my grandparents were sitting in front of the Tv crying. The nation was truly mourning.

Comment

We recently visited the book depository/museum in Dallas when my mother in law visited in October. Her picture was in the paper. I wasn't born yet so I didn't experience it personally but it was still surreal standing in the next window looking down on the road where the shot was taken.

Comment

I was four and don't remember it. I remember Bobby Kennedy and MLK though.

Comment

I was a junior in High School. Was in Chemistry lab when the announcement was made.

Comment

Here's what I posted on your thread on 2 cool...

I too was in the 5th grade... Remember they let us turn on the TV in the classroom... All the women teachers were cryin', and most of the girls... Most of us boys didn't have a clue... still don't!
              My dad was a died in the wool DemoKraut and first thing he said was Johnson had it done... he always believed that.

Comment

I was born two years later and still to this day think Johnson had a part in it.

Comment

I was in the 3rd grade, I think, in Nunaka Valley Alaska. I still remember the announcement over the school speakers. We got the rest of the day off. I also remember watching the burial ceremony. It left quite an impression on me even at that age.

Comment

Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Not much more to it. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Read Stephen King's 11/22/63. It's obviously fictional, but the fact checking that was done before the book was written was incredible. It's a great read for anyone who has ever been interested in that sort of thing.

Comment

I was in Mrs. Reba's 4th grade class and it's one of those things like 911 that you'll never forget where you were and what you were going Your right everyone was crying and the nation was in shock. I remember Johnson taking the oath and Jackie standing there still with her husbands blood on her dress. Probably everyone that had a tv was glued to it for the funeral.

Comment

I was in the 6th grade at Scott Elementary in Temple when I heard it on the radio while going back to school with my Mom, I think. Long time ago, but something you will never forget.

Comment

First grade Alvin elementary , Miss Holmes was my Teacher . When it came over the intercom Miss Holmes started crying like it had been her father or brother that had been shot . This followed with all the girls crying . Us boys just sat there looking around like we weren't sure what to do . It was a bad day for sure !!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            My dad was a died in the wool DemoKraut and first thing he said was Johnson had it done... he always believed that.
                            Dad said his parents believed the same thing especially his dad, and they were straight ticket democrats, all the old farmers were. Johnson having it done seemed to be the popular belief in alot of texas back then... .

Comment

I was 3 & ma said i was watching. Amos &. Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X