19 month wait, deer is here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 month wait, deer is here.

Posted a thread a while back about my deer being at the taxidermy for month 19. EST. 6-8 months. Thought it was a loss cause, but got the text yesterday and finally have him back in my possession. Just a couple pictures. Me nitpicking the last picture there are quite a few spots on the hide looks like loss fur. Would that be from the tanning process? Either way I am happy with it and it is home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck. Glad you got him back

Comment

Nice buck. What county looks like East Texas. It may be from the tanning process or tannery. From my experience a little hair loss is inevitable. Do to scabs scars and what nots . Looks great and glad you got him back.

Comment

I bet a lot of the "loss fur" was already an issue from scars, scratches, and scrapes from being a deer.

Congrats on the mount

Comment

Could be scars from fighting that you didn’t notice originally. Nevertheless, a nice buck !

Comment

Nice Buck....congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I bet a lot of the "loss fur" was already an issue from scars, scratches, and scrapes from being a deer.

Congrats on the mount
              Great minds.......

Comment

The first picture looks like a hole that wasn't sewn up properly.
                The second picture looks like false cuts (shaved too thin in the tanning process).

Comment

Good buck, congrats. He was mature, I can see his calloused knees in the LDP. Is it just me, or does the brisket hair swirl look off? Maybe it is the coloring? Glad you got him back.

Comment

Heck yea! Glad he is back! He looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      Nice buck. What county looks like East Texas. It may be from the tanning process or tannery. From my experience a little hair loss is inevitable. Do to scabs scars and what nots . Looks great and glad you got him back.
                      Yes sir East Texas, deer in my area usually don't get this big.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Could have missed it, but there are quite a few on him. Was just curious as other mounts do not have them that I have noticed not like this.

Congrats on the mount
                      Thanks

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      The first picture looks like a hole that wasn't sewn up properly.
                      The second picture looks like false cuts (shaved too thin in the tanning process).
                      Thanks, just happy to have it back. But, didn't look right once I to it back. Those are just a couple there are quite a few all over the mount.

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Good buck, congrats. He was mature, I can see his calloused knees in the LDP. Is it just me, or does the brisket hair swirl look off? Maybe it is the coloring? Glad you got him back.
                      Ya not good at aging, but based on the amount of grey one of the oldest I have shot from looking at him. Looking back at pictures appears to be his coloring. I have one picture that you can see his brisket in and same color.

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                      Heck yea! Glad he is back! He looks really good.
                      Thanks

Comment

Thanks everybody.

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats!

Comment

That's a dandy! Noticed he had a broke brow tine, so he was obviously a bit of a fighter, might be the reason for the scars.

I would like to hear the story behind taking him.

Comment

Congrats nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X