DIY pedestal stand for taxidermy ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY pedestal stand for taxidermy ram

I have a ram that I killed years ago with my brother, and it was a very memorable trip that I hold close. He had it mounted for me, in a traditional wall hanging face forward mount.

I'd like to have it set on a pedestal rather than hang it on the wall.

Anyone have any ideas, or have done something like this before? Have pics that you could share?

I have very basic carpentry skills and would like to at least try it myself rather than pay someone but paying someone might be my best course.

Any recommendations on where to go if I decide to hire someone to build something?

Courtney

I added a 1X4 to the back of a bookcase and mounted a Corsican ram mount on it. The book case was already in my study and I stained the 1x4 to match the finish. The mane of the ram completely covered the 1x4 and made it look like the head was floating just above the book case. I wish I had pics of it still. It really looked great.

Comment

I don't like it, but I have done one for a friend.

Build the pedestal and then put a "tombstone" on top, that matches the shape of the back of the ram. Screw it on from the backside. It's hard to see, but you can get the jest. This one had a solid wood top, but you could easily add an area for some habitat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50412328_343773566212093_2604180212212039680_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	24584657

Comment

In for suggestions. Looking to do this myself as well

Comment

Working...
        X