$300 lease ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$300 lease ride

Just pulled it home. Needs a fuel pump to start with. Try to see if I can get it running this weekend. 96 Z71 my kinfolk used to own. 280,000 miles and was running 3 months ago. If not there will be a front and back replacement bumpers for sale.
    And now I can't upload a pic from my new phone.

great price!

Comment

It's much easier to un-bolt the front of the bed and raise it up, than it is to drop the fuel tank.

Comment

Do the fuel filter also. Those seem to cause alot of problems on those models. Along with the crappy pumps of course.

Comment

Good lookin ride ! Let us know when its running.

Comment

In for updates!

Comment

sweet deal!

Comment

Make sure and put a new strainer on the new fuel pump also. (I learned this the hard way) but it really isn't too hard to change, great trucks though

Comment

Good Deal!

Comment

Finally got it to load. Now to work on the fuel pump.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      It's much easier to un-bolt the front of the bed and raise it up, than it is to drop the fuel tank.
                      This is the way I did my pump.

Comment

Well the bed has a gooseneck hitch bolted down that has to be removed also. So I have decided to cut a hole in the bed and then tack it back in place. I don't know yet if it is worth dumping a lot of money into the truck yet so if a fuel pump doesn't get her running I will part it out. I did buy a strainer and new filter also. Hopefully she is running tomorrow.

Comment

Those were tough trucks and motors. We put over 300k each on 5 of them at work over the years.

Comment

If the fuel pump doesn't make it run, at least have someone plug it up to a computer and see what it says. I sure wouldn't give up on it too quick for 300 bucks.

Comment

Well D MO after getting under this truck it is trashed. To name a few problems brake booster, fuel pump, drive shaft has been rubbing bent to hell cross member, trans case is almost dry (bad leak), front end needs all bushings and upper A arms, powering steering pump leaks like a sieve. Have an 88 reg cab 4X4 sitting in the pasture. Time to get it running and fix her up. So if anyone needs some parts from a 96-98 Z71 I have a parts truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X