2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slew View Post
    surely this can't be tourney day! Where's the 3' waves!!

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    jinx for sure, get ready for bad weather! ��

I love running down the lake on days like that! Do crappie tournaments do a shotgun start or numbered takeoff?

Comment

Good luck slew. No wind here in corsicana. Would sure help with the 95% humidity and the skunk that just sprayed my neighbor's dog about 10 feet off the back porch![emoji33]

Hoping to take the girls crappie hunting tmw.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my youngest hit Conroe yesterday morning for a couple of hours. Havent fished it for crappie in years so still trying to locate brushpiles. Found a couple in 20' water but only caught 3. Sounds like I should be looking for them in deeper water I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          You can use a Garmin for concrete work! Be like. There's crappie on that concrete piling! And crappie on that concrete piling!! Heck I don't know how you would do concrete work without one honestly!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that is funny ! Looks like I'll have to take up a side job work-n concrete too.

Good luck on the turny today.

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
          anyone on here ever fish Hubbard Creek lake? I am heading out there Sunday.

Might look up JMAR on here.

Comment

Yup....they still biting....biggest was right at 14". Hand tied jigs.
            Attached Files

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

We caufht one after another all day long. Best fish was a 1.26! Spoiled living in E Tx where crappie aren't sad looking.

This was our average fish 10-11" white crappie. Good for coolers. Bad for weight ins. Some of the Lavon locals found em again! Maybe if I come back we will just fish stuff we've never been too!! Caught well over 100-150 fish today. Just anti climatic coming from Fork this week!!

Comment

We caufht one after another all day long. Best fish was a 1.26! Spoiled living in E Tx where crappie aren't sad looking.

This was our average fish 10-11" white crappie. Good for coolers. Bad for weight ins. Some of the Lavon locals found em again! Maybe if I come back we will just fish stuff we've never been too!! Caught well over 100-150 fish today. Just anti climatic coming from Fork this week!!

That’s not a bad day Todd

I live 20 minutes from the lake, and it’s hit/miss for me. But I fished with Kirk Grounds in the spring several years ago, had 30-40 by lunch and small fish was 1.50. He can find a crappie where there ain’t one on that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  jinx for sure, get ready for bad weather! ��

I love running down the lake on days like that! Do crappie tournaments do a shotgun start or numbered takeoff?

They do lines in and lines out. Can be on the water anytime after midnight.

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    That’s not a bad day Todd

I live 20 minutes from the lake, and it’s hit/miss for me. But I fished with Kirk Grounds in the spring several years ago, had 30-40 by lunch and small fish was 1.50. He can find a crappie where there ain’t one on that lake.

Kirk is an animal. Too bad all he does is train his fuzzy dog these days!! Who's poor Craig gonna fish with now!!!

Comment

Oh man! that eliminates the thrill of trying to guess which boat is going to nearly kill you trying to beat you to the spot they saw you fishing in practice!

Comment

I'ma not familiar with the term or rule. How dose that work?

Comment

Decided to take myself fishing today. Nice breeze out of the south made setting under my umbrella mighty comfortable.
                          I found fish everywhere I stopped and caught about 50 in 4 hours. Kept 25.
                          All fish caught on standing timber in 30ish foot of water. Half on grey 1/8 oz jigs and half on purple and red 3/8 oz.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	CB24B61F-0129-45DA-9E6F-567B20FB2BD9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24583944

Name:	17FB3A03-0C21-4C3D-B58A-06C10DFA83BB.jpeg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	24583945

Name:	B2302655-8521-45AD-96FF-FE81284BC310.jpeg
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	24583946

Comment

Can't beat calm water and cool temps this time of year on RC. Sloane and paige would catch a bunch more if they would put down the oreo, goldfish, and peanuts! All catch and release today. 35 to 40 ft of water 10 to 12 ft down.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              Can't beat calm water and cool temps this time of year on RC. Sloane and paige would catch a bunch more if they would put down the oreo, goldfish, and peanuts! All catch and release today. 35 to 40 ft of water 10 to 12 ft down.

Very nice. Great talking the kids with you. How's the water looking?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Very nice. Great talking the kids with you. How's the water looking?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                                Water looks great - headroom is a little tight under the bridge! Lots of baitfish. I rarely see RC muddy in the main lake. Only caught one small hybrid by accident but fun fight on a little pink zebco!

Comment

Working...
                                X