"Remote Trigger" for Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Remote Trigger" for Rifle

Decided to build something that would allow me to fire a rifle without actually touching the trigger for sighting in. Take all of the human errors out and see what the gun is truly capable of. Pretty cheap and easy build to say the least.

Go to walmart and get a cheap blood pressure cuff.

Remove inflatable bag.

Cut down to size and reseal with vacuum sealer.

Insert into trigger guard and inflate till gun goes boom.
    Attached Files

Nice

Comment

I get the idea, but looks like more trouble and less fun than its worth to shoot your rifles. I guess if you are doing some long range, super precise shooting it could be useful. Cool idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
        I get the idea, but looks like more trouble and less fun than its worth to shoot your rifles. I guess if you are doing some long range, super precise shooting it could be useful. Cool idea though.
        Not to much trouble, maybe 15 minutes worth of work. I got the idea cause I sighted in a rifle for a guy, had three shot groups right where I wanted them, yet when he shot it was about 2" left. Decided to try this and see what kind of results I get.

Comment

It may be close but.........

Originally posted by russb View Post
          Not to much trouble, maybe 15 minutes worth of work. I got the idea cause I sighted in a rifle for a guy, had three shot groups right where I wanted them, yet when he shot it was about 2" left. Decided to try this and see what kind of results I get.

No two people shoot the same. How you hold the rifle, the pressure you apply to the cheek, how the trigger is pulled and other things all influence where the rifle shoots. Holding the rifle from recoiling and free recoil will most likely have different POI and well as resting the rifle on a hard surface/sand bag or bipod will do the same. Again lots of things influence where the muzzle is pointing when the bullet exits the barrel.

Comment

cool idea, that with a lead sled should give you alot of info when trying to get a good load worked up. Now as for actual shooting, yea i agree everyone shoots diff and if he is consistent left id move the sight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
              cool idea, that with a lead sled should give you alot of info when trying to get a good load worked up. Now as for actual shooting, yea i agree everyone shoots diff and if he is consistent left id move the sight for him.
              Yeah would certainly help when going through different powders, bullets and caps for building a load. Thought it might help getting the gun dialed in quick and then be able to adjust for whoever is shooting it.

Comment

I could see using that, too, for a training aid. Say I sight in a rifle and my husband shoots it but his shots are hitting very different than mine. I could use this "tool" to prove the guns true sight in and assessing where his shots are identify the shooting errors he is making.

I think it is a great idea.

Comment

I'm surprised custom rifle makers aren't using such a thing to prove their product's accuracy.

Good idea man!

Comment

I’ve used one of these before.

Cool concept for verifying zero but I can’t say it was much if any more accurate than shooting off a solid rest and bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X