Anyone renewed their weddin vows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone renewed their weddin vows?

I did a search on here and found one thread that touched on those who think it makes no sense. Thats not what im lookin for. Im looking for men or women who have done it. Was it a surpise situation, discussed and planned out together? Formal/informal?

Why do they need to be renewed?

Do you get to ditch the joint facebook account once renewed ???

Comment

Sorry, can't help. That whole thing never made any sense to me. A vow is a vow until broken. What is the point of the renewal?

Comment

You're in the wrong department. This is the Men's side! Go upstairs!

Comment

Every time I get a new wife

Comment

Everyday! I wake up and vow never to get married again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah thats what i expected to get here, hence the wording of the original post. But i know there are some men on here that have done it so feel free to pm if need be lol. I know what it would mean to my wife, no other justification needed.

Comment

Originally posted by backinthegame View Post
                Yeah thats what i expected to get here, hence the wording of the original post. But i know there are some men on here that have done it so feel free to pm if need be lol. I know what it would mean to my wife, no other justification needed.
                then do it. I was going to on our 15tth anniversary in mexico but my wife said she had rather do it on our 20th and invite family and friends. and yall may want my man card and that's ok, but if it would make your wife happy, who cares what anybody else thinks.

Comment

Can I “modify” said vows to my favor when I re new them? Follow up question. Do I have to tell her I “renewed” them? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    then do it. I was going to on our 15tth anniversary in mexico but my wife said she had rather do it on our 20th and invite family and friends. and yall may want my man card and that's ok, but if it would make your wife happy, who cares what anybody else thinks.
                    Ya....let your wife plan it and invite all her friends and family. It's all for her anyway, she might as well drive.

Comment

They "took" the first time 27 years ago.

Comment

If it makes you and the missus happy go for it!

Comment

We did a 10 year renewal in August, rented out a hall up in Gruene and had about 30 of our closest friends out for a night on us. It was a great time and everyone seemed to have a great evening helping us celebrate our 10th. We did re-exchange vows as our pastor from church was more then glad to come out with us for the evening. We did not do it 100% wedding like but we did get semi dressed up and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got married at the JP office in Austin. Just showed up no appointment. Thirty years later I asked my wife to renew our vows and she declined. I guess she wasn't ready to commit. At 35 years I asked again and she agreed. I wrote some new vows and we went to the JP's office again, this time I made an appointment.

Comment

My bride and I did at 25 years. It was pretty awesome far as I am concerned... Cool thing was our kids were there to see/hear them done. We plan to do it again at 50 years... That's only 8 years away... Since m wife and I have followed Biblical principles in our marriage and done our best to live for Christ, it's a natural thing to reassert our vows since the two of us became one flesh... God reasserted His vows to Israel and the Church many times... They didn't change, but helped to spread the word of the vows to others.... We both enjoyed it immensely as did our children... Next time it will be with our grandchildren added to the covenant relationship...

Comment

Working...
                              X