Suggestions For Back Pain Relief While Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions For Back Pain Relief While Driving

Over the past few years I have noticed that after driving 3-4 hours on a road trip my back and rear end start hurting really bad. The only relief I can get is to stop stretch and walk around. I have a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT, with the upgraded electronic adjustable seats and adjustable lumbar support features. Neither of these seem to give me much relief. My 2002 F-150 XLT had much more comfortable seats, and I didn’t experience these issues nearly as much when on long road trips, but I was also your as well. I don’t know if it is my age(54), my truck’s seat design, or a combination of both. I would like to take some long road trips in the 12-16 hour range, but the thought of driving that far makes my back and underside hurt just thinking about it, plus I don’t want to get somewhere on vacation and be down in my back. I have looked at getting some gel type of seat cushion and back support, but there are so many options out there it is a little overwhelming. In addition I don’t want to get cushions that really don’t fix this issue or create unforeseen issues I haven’t thought of.

For those of you road warriors that have experience with these issues, have you found any solutions that are effective, and if so what are they? In addition, if an aftermarket set of back and butt cushions has worked, what brand/model # did you use?

turn on the heated seats

Comment

It’s the seats in the truck. I had a 2015 and hated the seats. Just bought a 21 f150 and they are much better.

Comment

3d

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        turn on the heated seats
        Thanks, this does help as a short term solution, but not a long term one.

Comment

I use a thick seat pad. As others have said it’s the seat. The gel one that cabela’s sells is the best 80.00 I have ever spent. I makes road-trips and blind chairs comfortable

Comment

I'm in the same boat. My fleet car seats are way more comfy on longer drives than the leather seats in my chevy. I know it's the seats for this reason. Hoping it'll be better in my next truck.

Comment

Wooden bead seat covers

Some people say wooden beads saved their lives, I would love to try it out
              Attached Files

Comment

I wear this and it helps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  Some people say wooden beads saved their lives, I would love to try it out
                  Lots of truck drivers agree with this.

Comment

Microdiscectomy

Comment

I have used the wooden back and seat beads and it made wonders on my back, plus it makes a cooler drive. Try them, you may be happy during your travels.

Comment

The design of the seats is a huge deal. The early 2000's F series, especially the F 150's had some of the most ergonomically designed seats on the market.

Comment

I’ve heard that removing your wallet from the rear pocket can help. I carry a minimalist wallet in my front pocket so it doesn’t apply to me. The best thing I did was to change pickups. Every pickup I’ve ridden in hurts my back. Dodge is the worst, can’t last an hour in one. Ford and Chevy I’m good for a couple of hours but not without doing a lot of shifting around. The only pickup that I could ride in for five hours or longer was the Tacoma. So I got one. Been good for my back. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Removing my wallet helps alot. I do that at work too.
                            I'd like to try the wood beads. I've also heard they help.

But I still have to stop every couple hours and stretch out.

Comment

Chiropractor! Seriously man...a few adjustments and 2 weeks of exercise after that and you will be able to sit for 4hrs in comfort. I have sciatica and a bulging disk. I have to get adjustments about every 9 months. It's darn effective.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X