Recurring Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurring Nightmares

Anyone else have these? Mine revolve around two distinct life events. The details change but the main plot is the same.

1. My last semester of college.
    2. My last corporate job.

Saturday night I had a dream I saved Hailee Steinfeld from human traffickers. We got away clean then I remembered I had a statistics final to take that day. I rush to class just in time to see everyone walking out the door. I tell my professor I'm a hero, but she doesn't care. She says, "better luck next semester, loser".

Sunday night's had me working my old sales job. One of my multiple managers calls me asking why I'd only logged 19 sales calls in the system when 20 is the minimum per day. I say I'm logging it in right now and it's only 3:00. We argue until he says he's going to tell the manager above him. That manager calls and we get into it. Then he reports me to the guy above him. Eventually I threaten to drive my company truck through the office.

I wake up from both dreams sweating and relieved. Rare to have two in a row like that unless I take NyQuil before bed.

Mine always have to do with going to jail. I live within the law, but im terrified of spending any time locked up.

Probably happens 3-4 times per month.

Comment

Haven't had a dream in 20 yrs, can't say I miss em.

Comment

I show up to take the final exam for one of my college classes that I've skipped for months and not only do I not know any of the material, I can't remember the room where the class is held.

Which is a very odd scenario to dream because I had almost perfect attendance all throughout school. Have this dream at least once a month for many years.

Comment

You can make your own Holy water and drink it before bed

Comment

The only time I've really had reoccurring nightmares was when I was roofing houses. I'm scared of heights. Any time we were working on a steep roof and I knew that's where I'd be the next day I'd have nightmares of falling. I've always heard confronting your fears was the best way to get over it. I ignored my fears to do that job and that fear got me when I was asleep.

I was having dreams about getting snake bit for a while after getting bit. I woke up one night with one leg in the air because I had a dream I was in a dark room and could hear one under me but could barely see it. I'd jump every time it would strike. I woke up and one leg was in the air and I just started laughing. I felt physically tired when I woke up. I must've really been moving around a lot during that one.

I've had weird dreams after loved ones have passed away too.

Comment

Not since I was about 5 or 6. It was a solid year of nightmares about house fires then it changed to tornados....

Comment

Mine are always about football. A team asks me to play and I can never get all the correct sized equipment always too big or too small. I haven’t played a game yet. Maybe tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                  I show up to take the final exam for one of my college classes that I've skipped for months and not only do I not know any of the material, I can't remember the room where the class is held.

Which is a very odd scenario to dream because I had almost perfect attendance all throughout school. Have this dream at least once a month for many years.
                  Same exact dream I have...but I absolutely did NOT have perfect attendance in college!

Comment

I have reoccurring nightmares about ghosts. I always know I am dreaming but just as they are about to get me, I wake myself up screaming. Happens quite often and they are always terrifying. Scares the crap out of my wife when I scream. Would love to know what causes them but have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                      Same exact dream I have...but I absolutely did NOT have perfect attendance in college!

I have one of those dreams too. I think it was college algebra or something. I wake up thankful to have a diploma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one about being in college and missing class all semester then freaking out at the final.

pretty close to what actually happened in college now that I think about it!

Comment

Kinda same dream , cannot remember if my class is a research field study or a class I skipped and forgot to withdraw from!
                          Then lay in bed worrying about it for a while till I remind myself that graduation school was done in 1990 ,

Or I am back in North Africa and someone is shooting at me and I can’t seem to be able to run

Comment

I had them for years. After I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got my CPAP machine they went away immediately.

Comment

I have this almost exact dream.....not a good feeling. Mine is block scheduling and I can't remember which day I am supposed to be in what class and where the class is. Same thing about showing up to take the final and I haven't attended class since the first one.

Comment

Working...
                              X