Savage or Browning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage or Browning

Getting a new rifle for my daughter. Is the Browning worth twice as much as the Savage?

Pretty vague on the model.

I strongly dislike savage rifles. But they do shoot very well. I’d 100% pay extra for the browning mainly for fit and finish.

Comment

Before i made the decision...i definitely would look at the Tikka T3x.

im really enjoying the Tikkas i have bought over the years for my kids

but to answer your question...i wouldn't buy a savage over a browning. My 270 BAR is my go to rifle
      Last edited by SPUD; 01-30-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

I strongly dislike savage rifles. But they do shoot very well. I’d 100% pay extra for the browning mainly for fit and finish.
        My thoughts exactly. A Browning would make a nice family heirloom.

Comment

Savage will do the job, Browning’s pretty much a lifetime rifle. They’re really different classes and neither is bad but they’re really not in the same conversation.

Buying one for use now? Savage is perfectly fine.

Buy once, cry once, go with the Browning.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Savage has to be the ugliest rifle out there. But they do shoot well.

Comment

Ok, why is everyone against savage. I have several and they shoot excellent. My daughter has a 7mm08 and does not miss with it. I also own a Browning 25-06. I love it too. Are y’all saying the savage will not last over time? I don’t get it. Please explain.

Comment

Browning. No question

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                    Ok, why is everyone against savage. I have several and they shoot excellent. My daughter has a 7mm08 and does not miss with it. I also own a Browning 25-06. I love it too. Are y’all saying the savage will not last over time? I don’t get it. Please explain.
                    I’ve posted this before. But it needs said again.

Savage is like a fat girl. Puts out every time. And usually pretty dang well. They got to! But you don’t tell your buddies about em. And you don’t go showing them off everywhere

Comment

Savage is like a fat girl. Puts out every time. And usually pretty dang well. They got to! But you don’t tell your buddies about em. And you don’t go showing them off everywhere
                      Lmao! If it was a truck it would be a dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                        I’m not against them at all but if you have experience with both, they really are in a different category.

The Savage is a solid rifle and absolutely will get the job done. Browning will do that, is almost definitely more accurate and likely has a much better trigger out of the box.

I have 2 Brownings, both were gifts so I didn’t target either to purchase. I’ve also been around several flavors of Savage rifles. I wouldn’t hesitate to take either hunting but they really are in different classes.

Comment

Best description I’ve ever heard.

Comment

If I went browning I’d personally avoid the AB3. I wasn’t fond of the polymer trigger or magazine.

Comment

I have a left handed Savage 270.
                              I'd put her against anything out there.
                              And she's a beauty too..

Comment

Working...
                              X