Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    Lol. Since you know the future can you pick the location of the next great oil discovery? While your at it add some up and coming stocks that will go north of $1000/share
    Your future follows your past. It just keeps repeating itself. From the SWC all the way to the SEC. The perennial bridesmaid that never catches the bouquet and pukes in the punch bowl.

Comment

A question I never before considered because it was preposterous: Can an athlete that was provided a 4-year scholarship be kicked off a team by the coaching staff for not putting forth effort? Hear me out...

I'm a highly rank OL recruit coming out of HS. However, I'm not really in love with football and see myself doing something else in life. However, I can't pass up an offer to attend a top tier D1 program that offers me a 4-year scholarship and NIL deal that is life changing. I accept both and enroll. You can't pass up that type of money! However, college football only goes to prove I really don't love the sport enough to put out 100% effort all the time. So I loaf, I go to all the practices, games, meetings, I workout (half-arse) but I'm not turning into the athlete the team wanted or needs. Can the coach kick me off the team? I don't want to leave, I want my 4-year scholarship and NIL money to set me up for the rest of my life.

Crazy thought and not likely to go down exactly like I thought of it. More like, I'm lazy and just want to party, but you get my point. Are their qualifiers put on these NIL deals? Could someone like Ewers jump from program to program collecting checks?

Comment

Most schools scholarships are year to year and not automatically guaranteed for 4 years. Every year at the end of the year each coach has a 1 on 1 meeting with each player and they talk about their position in the program. The guys who are in this category are told to go into the portal and find another places to play.

Same thing with NIL, most of the deals will be year to year type. A car dealership in Austin is not going to pay Ewers in two years when he is at Miami.
        Last edited by Heath; 12-08-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          For all the LSU fans on here there were NOT in the know!

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-fo...177729926/Amp/

No one cares bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If lsu honks didn’t have a short memory they wouldn’t have one at all![emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Most schools scholarships are year to year and not automatically guaranteed for 4 years. Every year at the end of the year each coach has a 1 on 1 meeting with each player and they talk about their position in the program. The guys who are in this category are told to go into the portal and find another places to play.

Same thing with NIL, most of the deals will be year to year type. A car dealership in Austin is not going to pay Ewers in two years when he is at Miami.
              Thanks for the insight Heath. So when they are told to find another place, are they being kicked off?

I guess a 3* could do just enough to be stay third string. I wonder if the NIL deal that you've mentioned UT is doing for OL (wasn't it like 100k/yr) be good for every OL? I can't imagine how much my career today would be different if I was walking out of school with $400k in my account.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                If lsu honks didn’t have a short memory they wouldn’t have one at all![emoji1787]

Probably one of the richest takes we’ve seen in the existence of this platform

Comment

Home visit, making it rain and now a petition.

How far down the petition list do we go to find a TBH Horn?

Comment

Lol, Brock is ate up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                      Thanks for the insight Heath. So when they are told to find another place, are they being kicked off?

I guess a 3* could do just enough to be stay third string. I wonder if the NIL deal that you've mentioned UT is doing for OL (wasn't it like 100k/yr) be good for every OL? I can't imagine how much my career today would be different if I was walking out of school with $400k in my account.
                      The guys do get processed out if they are not apart of the plan going forward. The writing is on the wall so to speak for all parties involved.

The Horns with Heart and Clark Field will pay every scholarship OL at least $150K per year. This is just the base as they can go out and get other NIL deals as well. So yes starting in 2022, will be looking at a $600K legal windfall if they play at the University of Texas. Again, this will not make every kid commit to Texas but it gives them something to think about if they know the opportunity that is out there with NIL.

For the record, other schools are and will be doing this, so it is not unique to Texas. I do think Texas has the ability to set these up, so they are endowments and can stay consistent in delivering on the money paid out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                        Home visit, making it rain and now a petition.

How far down the petition list do we go to find a TBH Horn?

I am on it. I was asked by the guy who started it and started the Texas NIL funds to sign it and there is a reason why it was done too.

Comment

I am on it. I was asked by the guy who started it and started the Texas NIL funds to sign it and there is a reason why it was done too.
                          I'm sure lots of familiar names are on it, but folks would never know that.
                          Last edited by Chad C; 12-08-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Desperation....? An online petition lol C'mon
                            Last edited by Fmjag64; 12-08-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              Nope. I understand is very silly and I signed it cause the guy asked me to and shared the reason for it. I will not go into the details on it, but just say it was apart of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                                Well they have nothing else to sell and the SEC move is looming. They need talent through the portal and recruiting and money is what they have plenty of... I don't blame them.

Things are going to get out of hand with money tossed. Texas will benefit as well as the Ags from this NIL as they have plenty of alumni and money. Other schools with not so deep pockets are going to get left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X