How often do you carry a pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just wondering how often do most folks carry a pistol on their person? I never do because it’s against company policy. I keep one in my car but only carry one on my hip hunting South Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never do but I normally have 2 or 3 guns in the vehicle. The likelihood of me running into trouble will be driving to or from somewhere. I don't jack around when I go into stores and it's never a big store with lots of people around. Hate Wal-Mart so I won't be involved in getting shot at in that store. If I'm not at work I'm near or in my vehicle or at home. I'm more likely to have someone try and car jack me than anything else.

There for a while there were people around here getting shot at while they were parked at a stop light. So besides the pistol I have within reach and a shotgun that rides in the passenger seat there is a rifle in the back seat in case I'm ever lucky enough to see a bad guy crossing the street with intent to cause me harm. That way I can back up about 4 blocks and dump him in the road.
    Last edited by okrattler; 03-29-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Every single day. When I was working I kept it in a lockbox in my truck. Now I am retired it is always on me. It doesn’t do much good if you don’t carry every chance you can. If you don’t you will always feel self conscious of carrying, fidgeting and adjusting all the time. Get in the practice and it will be like second nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyday I’m not working. Can’t have it on me or in my truck where I work . It’s a foreign trade zone.
        Last edited by Strummer; 03-29-2020, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I carry most of the time. Op, when you say "it's against company policy," are you saying while at work, or on your own time? I would assume you mean at work. Most folks would not carry on the job unless it's in law enforcement. If not, how can your employer mandate your 2nd Amendment rights outside of work?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
            Every single day. When I was working I kept it in a lockbox in my truck. Now I am retired it is always on me. It doesn’t do much good if you don’t carry every chance you can. If you don’t you will always feel self conscious of carrying, fidgeting and adjusting all the time. Get in the practice and it will be like second nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I go from work to home and then to the gym. I’ve never understood how you can carry legally and get used to carrying everyday.

Comment

Pretty much if I am wearing clothes, I am toting a gun.

Comment

If I'm not going to or from work I have a gun on me.. I feel like I'm forgetting something the first couple days back to work ..

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                  I carry most of the time. Op, when you say "it's against company policy," are you saying while at work, or on your own time? I would assume you mean at work. Most folks would not carry on the job unless it's in law enforcement. If not, how can your employer mandate your 2nd Amendment rights outside of work?

What’s most of the time? I spend most of my time at work, the gym, the movies, bar, or dinner. I guess I could strap up when I head to the local sporting goods store.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    What’s most of the time? I spend most of my time at work, the gym, the movies, bar, or dinner. I guess I could strap up when I head to the local sporting goods store.

Most of the time meaning; I choose not to carry every time I go outside of my home when I have the opportunity to do so. Examples of "Opportunities to do so," meaning: Grocery shopping, eating out, or going to the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Same.

Comment

From boots on to boots off. Carry all day everyday with a good holster and you don’t even notice. I went through hundreds of dollars worth of holsters to finally find one that feels like second nature when I get dressed

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post

Always

Comment

I don't shower with my pistol

Comment

I wear one every time that I step outside the door. I pull it and hide it prior to entering a post office or other gun free facility. When I am in the house there will be a pistol within easy reach.

Comment

Working...
                              X