Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Texas weather caution this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Texas weather caution this weekend.

It looks like Tropical Storm Sergio is going to make landfall on the west coast of Mexico and move into west Texas this Friday or Saturday. There will be significant rainfall out of this system.

I just came back from my Terrell County/Val Verde County lease this past weekend and the road in to the lease was washed out in several places and you could tell from the debris line that the water had been 6-8 feet deep running down those draws. The ground is saturated and any additional rainfall is just going to run off and run off fast.

If your thinking about going west this weekend you might want to reconsider. If you do go, don't try and cross any flooded low water areas.

In NW Edwards county and trying to beat this round of rain with a quick Friday afternoon feed run. We received 3.5” earlier in the week so it won’t take much more to make the pasture undriveable.

Comment

Dang it! I mean... thank God for the rain.

Comment

Yep, i'm hunting elephant mountain next week...looks like i am going to get wet

Comment

all of my tanks are full, and my water catchment is full. I just wish I had 12 more water tanks, I'd be set for a year

Comment

We had 3" from Jan till August in Mason, every tank was dry, now every tank is full and seems like they are going to overflow now

Comment

Good advice and with the ground already saturated it won’t take much to have runoff.

Comment

Lot's of rain here in the Panhandle also. Forecast is for 100% chance on Saturday and 60% on Sunday and Monday. We are saturated here also in a lot of places.

It is a long season and I really do not want to fight the rain and mud or just sit in the camper all weekend.

Comment

90% chance 7:00am Saturday.
                  I’m still going and gonna try to put a doe in the cooler tomorrow then probably turn around and drive home.

Comment

Had planned on spending a long weekend at the lease in Kimble county. Looks like it's supposed to be warm and raining so I think I am going to move it until next weekend.

Comment

Cold front for use with the rain. High on Saturday at 58 and 54 on Sunday!

Comment

Don't let the weather keep you at the house. The deer still have to eat. If you wait for the perfect day you will never hunt

Comment

I’m going to van horn hunting this weekend. Hopefully the rain will not be bad

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                            Don't let the weather keep you at the house. The deer still have to eat. If you wait for the perfect day you will never hunt
                            After 40+ years of doing this I do understand that and I have reached a point in hunting whitetails and knowing our lease that the early season is not the best. Our mature bucks do not show until early November. I have a freezer full of beef so I do not need the meat.

Comment

Headed to the home place in Eldorado this afternoon. Roads in and out are pretty good, imagine it will already be pretty wet out in the pastures though. Chance of rain on Saturday is pretty good, but we cant kill em sitting at home........

Comment

Working...
                              X