Friday night lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I don't like the two division thing. Westlake and Northshore should battle for the 6A title.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    You could say that for every "A"

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      yes....all divisions should

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        Congratulations to your son. Got that game recorded and will watch it when I get back home. My last kid graduated in 2014 but me and the wife still love watching our Lions play ball. I’m just glad those boys were able to finish it this year. Might be a long time before we see another team like that one lol!!!
        Thank you.
        The deep ball to Porter that Ryne threw went for 45 yards and made the "You Got Mossed" on ESPN yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jabel View Post
          Thank you.
          The deep ball to Porter that Ryne threw went for 45 yards and made the "You Got Mossed" on ESPN yesterday morning.

Saw this. So awesome. I may be wrong but I believe Porter is a sophomore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
            Was anyone else amazed at the 53 yard field goal by Westlake in the state game?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yes. Insane. Turned the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
              Saw this. So awesome. I may be wrong but I believe Porter is a sophomore.

Correct, he is a sophomore. Started as a freshman on the varsity last year.

Comment

Saturday was the first time I have ever seen a team play hurry up offense for the entire game. Them boys was in shape!

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                  China Spring over Gilmer 31 - 7!
                  Yea yea yea, so I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Correct but those two big boy schools have won 3 titles each in the last 4 years. 6 of 8.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                      I agree, Gunter has been here before riding the old yellow school bus to Jerry world. Two state titles in the books and looking for a third. Not an easy task, this game should be a good one.
                      Do you have any details on this? Seems ridiculous...

from what i can gather on twitter, the kid was qb at sherman last year and his dad was a coach there. dad took a job in gunter and when the kid tried to transfer, his old OC filled out the UIL necessary transfer paperwork that included some type of flag to the UIL. former OC was interviewed and UIL decided not to grant the transfer. however they did grant the transfer and varsity eligibility to his younger brother, who is a freshman.

oh yeah, the former OC is now the HC at leonard, which is in gunters district

now the kids options for his senior year are stay at sherman, go to a private school, move to a different state, or play JV at gunter.
                      Last edited by jshouse; 05-04-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        Do you have any details on this? Seems ridiculous...

from what i can gather on twitter, the kid was qb at sherman last year and his dad was a coach there. dad took a job in gunter and when the kid tried to transfer, his old OC filled out the UIL necessary transfer paperwork that included some type of flag to the UIL. former OC was interviewed and UIL decided not to grant the transfer. however they did grant the transfer and varsity eligibility to his younger brother, who is a freshman.

oh yeah, the former OC is now the HC at leonard, which is in gunters district

now the kids options for his senior year are stay at sherman, go to a private school, move to a different state, or play JV at gunter.
                        Kinda crappy imo. If the dad is there the kid should have no problem being able to play.

Comment

Very chicken **** on the part of Sherman coaching staff. I've been coaching almost 30 years and it is extremely rare for this to happen. Taking your kids with you to new schools is common place and one of the perks to the job. Even if you know they are leaving for athletics purposes, most don't want to screw a kid over by blocking it with the PAP paperwork. If the former OC at Sherman filled out the PAP, he definatley has alterior motives since Gunter is in their district. Not that this one player would matter. Gunter will kill Leonard anyway. I don't know this kid or his parents, but I do know some of the gunter coaches. They don't need to recruit. Kids and families want to go there. They are much like Celina was 15-20 years ago. People moving out of the metro mess and looking for good schools end up there. The fact that the freshman brother is eligible for varsity, but not the senior is BS. I dont think this is over yet. I see a lawsuit coming.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                            Kinda crappy imo. If the dad is there the kid should have no problem being able to play.

Yep. It also makes no sense that they unanimously denied his eligibility while unanimously approving his brother’s.

I wish they would state their reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              Very chicken **** on the part of Sherman coaching staff. I've been coaching almost 30 years and it is extremely rare for this to happen. Taking your kids with you to new schools is common place and one of the perks to the job. Even if you know they are leaving for athletics purposes, most don't want to screw a kid over by blocking it with the PAP paperwork. If the former OC at Sherman filled out the PAP, he definatley has alterior motives since Gunter is in their district. Not that this one player would matter. Gunter will kill Leonard anyway. I don't know this kid or his parents, but I do know some of the gunter coaches. They don't need to recruit. Kids and families want to go there. They are much like Celina was 15-20 years ago. People moving out of the metro mess and looking for good schools end up there. The fact that the freshman brother is eligible for varsity, but not the senior is BS. I dont think this is over yet. I see a lawsuit coming.

Lots of people moving to Gunter right now and bringing kids that are stud athletes. I know one of the coaches there as well and should see him this weekend. I’m interested in hearing his take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                                Lots of people moving to Gunter right now and bringing kids that are stud athletes. I know one of the coaches there as well and should see him this weekend. I’m interested in hearing his take on it.

well remember that the green screen is interested as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X