Wild cat in Texas thought to have been extinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    How can he have seen an animal that doesn't exist?

Shows people's ignorance
    Come on man, why let facts ruin a good story .

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
      I’ve been hunting in south texas for a good portion of my life and I’ve seen a regular tan colored mountain lion one time.

I wish I was at lucky as some people who see these rare cats sometimes.

I know lots of bad hunters that will tell you they’ve hunted their whole life and have never seen (fill in the blank animal).

That just means they are not very stealthy hunters. You don’t see them because they know you’re there.

Comment

From your description, I believe this is what you saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Super rare cat. Thought to be extinct. That you happened to see cross the road. I’m not saying it’s impossible. But man those odds are low

However, I never knew a margay cat was a thing. It looks cool! I learned something today. Thanks op

Comment

I believe you. I was on the way to the heliport in Houma driving through the swamp at 3 am and what seemed to be a black panther crossed the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              Not true of the Margay cat. Winston Burnham killed one in 1965 on their property in south Texas and the picture of it is in the varmint calling book by Russell Tinsley called They Come When Called..
              Russel Tinsley, hadn’t heard that name in a long time. He wrote for the Austin American Statesman. I played Juco baseball with his son. He always was smoking his pipe at the games

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I know lots of bad hunters that will tell you they’ve hunted their whole life and have never seen (fill in the blank animal).

That just means they are not very stealthy hunters. You don’t see them because they know you’re there.

And I know a ton of people from east texas who’ve never seen a tan colored mountain lion once but have seen black panthers. They even know the daily life patterns of black panthers. It’s amazing.

Some people just have all the luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
                  I believe you. I was on the way to the heliport in Houma driving through the swamp at 3 am and what seemed to be a black panther crossed the road.
                  For sure no black panthers in south Louisiana. What you saw was a rougarou, they keep the black panther population down considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    And I know a ton of people from east texas who’ve never seen a tan colored mountain lion once but have seen black panthers. They even know the daily life patterns of black panthers. It’s amazing.

Some people just have all the luck.

No doubt those tan mountain lions are a myth in East Texas. The black panthers would never share the piney woods with them.

Comment

I too saw this mystical wildcat… only drawn out of the woods to snatch a french fry at Sonic.. [emoji15][emoji38]. Don’t at me for location!!

Comment

Never say never

Comment

Watching with interest for good reason

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I too saw this mystical wildcat… only drawn out of the woods to snatch a french fry at Sonic.. [emoji15][emoji38]. Don’t at me for location!!

What Sonic was that, Smart?

Comment

Look at the size of it's head and thickness of legs. Definately a juvenile panther.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like no one wanted to park close to that panther. They’ve been known to tear doors off of cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X