Think I'm done with Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    I've eaten at the Bell since the first one in Texas opened in north Austin. Good, cheap and fast food when you're in a hurry. I met my wife in the Taco Bell on Burnet road in 1977. It was open until 2:00 and I would stop by on the way home from bow fishing. But I think I'm done.

They recently quit making the tostada which was my favorite and then started new, higher priced items. I ate there a couple days ago and got 2 chalupas and a burrito supreme and a small drink. The price was $15.44. That's just a little much for me for that type of food. I can eat lunch in most regular restaurants for less than that. I think I'm done.
    I started a thread on this 7-9 months ago when they dropped all my favorites and changed the menu. I remember being in the drivethrough and saying I wanted 2 "xyz's" and they replied we don't have those anymore....then repeat that 5 times and I drove off. Literally my top 5 favorite Taco Bell items were gone. Tostadas, nacho supreme, frito burrito, triple layer burrito, and the other thing I can't remember right now.

Comment

Taco taco’s are all lettuce No cheese.

Comment

When TB dropped the double decker they became dead to me...we have local joint called Jucys Taco...it is a spin off of the Jucys Hamburger folks...

they make great Tacos.

Comment

You gotta give em credit. They've figured out how to take a tortilla, some cheese, beans, and cat food and fold it into a million combinations to populate a cheapskate menu. 3 tacos and a drink for $5 and it's not gourmet? Say ain't so

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
            Not to highjack the OP’s thread but my place is Montes Burritos Aledo. You can check out our reviews on Facebook or google. Homemade tortillas from scratch daily, all homemade sides and meats smoked by me.

We have other locations but most were franchised off only three locations are still owned by family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Aledo and I keep hearing great things about your place. I’ll stop by soon to check it out. Had no idea Montes was owned by a TBHer!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
              Taco Bell was dead to me when they took the Mexican Pizza off the menu. Used to eat there at lunch in high school. Six hard tacos was my go to. Had a buddy try to eat six bean burritos…he ended up puking most of them up.
              Same for me! My wife was telling me, that they took a big hit when taking away the Mexican pizza, and are supposed to be bringing it back. I haven't researched, but she usually has reliable sources. That was the only thing I would eat there. I am not a huge fan of the powdered beans.... lol

Comment

Have not eaten Taco Bell or pretty much any fast food in a long while- With the exception of Chicken Salad Chick- It’s not cheap but just get a tub with crackers and it’s delicious and fairly healthy for fast food

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I started a thread on this 7-9 months ago when they dropped all my favorites and changed the menu. I remember being in the drivethrough and saying I wanted 2 "xyz's" and they replied we don't have those anymore....then repeat that 5 times and I drove off. Literally my top 5 favorite Taco Bell items were gone. Tostadas, nacho supreme, frito burrito, triple layer burrito, and the other thing I can't remember right now.
                  Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  When TB dropped the double decker they became dead to me...we have local joint called Jucys Taco...it is a spin off of the Jucys Hamburger folks...

they make great Tacos.
                  That was the one! They had it on a box meal that I always got.

Now there's nothing left that's worth stopping for.

Comment

there's a lot less eating out that is about to happen. it's gonna be a wild ride the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      This is a good day for you, Draco. Find one of the mom and pop Mexican taco joints. 99.9% of them are way better than any fast food "Mexican" chain.
                      Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by HogCommander View Post
                        I liked their tostada's too...and I'm STILL mad that the killed off the chilito/chili cheese burrito!!!

Taco Casa gets my business these days when I'm in the mood for tacos ��

The Chilito was my favorite! I haven’t heard anybody talk about it in years though.

Comment

When they dropped the chili cheese burrito, I dropped them.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            I live in Aledo and I keep hearing great things about your place. I’ll stop by soon to check it out. Had no idea Montes was owned by a TBHer!

If’n you catch him there, ask him about the trophy deer at Aquila....

Hi Erick. [emoji16][emoji23]

Comment

Dropped them several years ago when I came down with the worst case of hershey squirts a man ever had after eating a six pak of tacos. Lasted pert near a whole week. Pretty sure I left part of my guts somewhere. Same thing with Schlotzsky's. Danged near killed me with food poisoning. Nothing is safe anymore with fast food and the disease carrying staff that work in most places.

Comment

taco bell sucks, casa and bueno are so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X