X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    How about New Braunfels/Gruene?

Lots of great music, plenty of good shopping and restaurants
    This right here! We try to make a trip here or around it, yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      We have been to Nachotoches, LA a few times but it’s close for us.
      https://www.natchitoches.com/
      This,

Good food, history and art. Small and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Very beautiful place Jon! What is the TBH discount on $257/night?
        The 257/night is definitely a weekday night. Our weekend nights go for about 375/night. Get with me with some dates and I will get you the best pricing we can. During the spring (baseball season) we are booked just about every weekend. Don't have anything booked in February just yet so would be interested in making some deals.
        Last edited by Jon B; 01-17-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Gruene

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Any of you Wimberly get-a-way type peeps have any restaurants to recommend while we are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            WimberlEy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
              The 257/night is definitely a weekday night. Our weekend nights go for about 375/night. Get with me with some dates and I will get you the best pricing we can. During the spring (baseball season) we are booked just about every weekend. Don't have anything booked in February just yet so would be interested in making some deals.
              Our farm is about 30 minutes from Franklin. May have to look into renting the ranch house out for Aggie games too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                WimberlEy.
                Yall can stay in Bob’s man cave!!

Comment

WimberlEy.

Any restaurant recommendations to go with the spelling lesson Rock chalk?

Comment

Originally posted by tnwilliams View Post
                    We often go to Boerne. Stay at TheKendall. Walk the town and they have several nice restaurants. Not far from Wimberley and Comfort and other small hill country towns for day trips. My wife loves it.

Ditto Boerne!

Comment

Weekend trip in Texas

WimberlEy.

Yeah Pat, I’d like to buy a vowel…..

Duly noted

Now that the E is in its proper place- any places to eat at or avoid?

It’s supposed to be ~34ish degrees all day on Thursday, so a good meal might be the out of doors highlight of that day.

Last edited by DaveC; 01-17-2022, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Does Boerne still have its small town identity or has it been consumed by SA?

Boerne definitely had not lost its small town feel but there's plenty do there.

Like many small, tourist towns (F-berg, Wimberley, Gruen), Boerne has revitalized its historic downtown, and their Main Street district is a great place to go if you like to "stroll, shop, and sip." Their downtown district has plenty of shops (a little higher-end than the schlocky souvenir shops one normally encounters in small towns trying to capitalize on tourism), great restaurants, some very good art galleries (that do not price their art by erudition), and several wineries and breweries as well.

As far as other activities go:
                        I highly recommend going to the Cave without a Name. I took my girls there about 15 years ago and had a blast. Sitting on privately owned land, the Cw/oN is almost pristine with very few improvements. In fact, as I recall, we had to enter the Cave by climbing down a sink hole! This experience brought me as close to "spelunking" as I'll ever get, and it was a blast!

There are a number of improved hiking trails in Boerne. Nothing too strenuous but you feel very relaxed after having strolled through some of the most beautiful land the Hill Country has to offer.

If you're both into hunting, give the sporting clay course at Joshua Creek a try. Beautiful and bucolic, the course has you winding your way through along an escarpment where you'll hear no one and nothing for miles around. If your shoulders don't drop when you step onto the course, you're doing something wrong. Don't forget to warm up at the wobble trap first.

Hope this helps. I never tire of going to Boerne!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Last year, I took my wife to Tyler. Stayed in a B&B and checked out the rose gardens. Nothing really special, but a nice little get away.
                          I’ll run this one by her. Thanks.

If you decide to go to Tyler, check to make sure the gardens are in full bloom. They weren't when we were there and it would have been nicer.

Comment

That’s on the list also as we have never been there and my wife likes east Texas. What all did you do while there?

I second this location. We love this place. There are hotel’s, bed and breakfast to rent. Lot’s of shopping around town and some of the biggest antique store’s I’ve ever seen. Carriage rides and a walking ghost tour. McGarrity’s restaurant and saloon has great food and atmosphere. McGarrity’s also has a 2 bedroom apartment upstairs you can rent. It’s clean and really nice. Veteran owned.
                            Last edited by Shilo Ridge; 01-18-2022, 07:21 AM. Reason: Adding AirBNB to McGarrities.

Comment

AirBNB.

Comment

Gastropoda or Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X