Weekend trip in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    havent stopped going to the lease, but driving from san Antonio through Bourne is like driving through Houston and sugar land

That’s what I was thinking. We drove around SA on our way out west last summer and it seemed exactly like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
        Jefferson

That’s on the list also as we have never been there and my wife likes east Texas. What all did you do while there?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckfu View Post
          We went to Palo Duro Canyon a few weeks ago. It was pretty amazing.
          Probably outside your travel window.
          Palo Duro is a haul from Fulshear, but might be worth checking out out. We are talking about staying in one of the cabins next time we go.

My son goes to school out there and hikes the canyon fairly regularly. He loves it.

Comment

Cibalo Creek outside Marfa, but will be longer trip than 5 hours.

Comment

So, charming/quaint is another term for romantic? You really want a romantic getaway, don't you?

My vote is for Vidor, TX.

Comment

How about staying in a little cabin around the Vanderpool area? It's a nice "in between" place. You could go to Lost Maples or Garner, and the drive into Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey for dinner would be a nice scenic drive.

Comment

Guys, I'd like to throw out that we have a great little place listed on AirBNB and VRBO that we will offer a TBH discount on. www.vrbo.com/1581559?unitId=2142817

Comment

How about New Braunfels/Gruene?

Lots of great music, plenty of good shopping and restaurants

Comment

Kiepersol winery in Bullard. Amazing food and tours. B&B as well

Comment

We stayed at the Hotel in the Ft. Worth stockyards. Walking distance to pretty much anything we wanted. Good entertainment all over and go as swank or basic on eatery.

Walked to many of the country bars at night and had an awesome time.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                          Jefferson
                          We went last year and only stayed one hour and left for Shreveport. Just wasn’t the same as it was 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            That’s on the list also as we have never been there and my wife likes east Texas. What all did you do while there?

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            We went last year and only stayed one hour and left for Shreveport. Just wasn’t the same as it was 10 years ago.
                            I've only passed through and eaten at a few of the restaurants but it seemed like a place that would fit your bill. I had it penned for something similar. Maybe not according to Gumbo Man. If he left to get to Shreveport sooner it must be pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              Palo Duro is a haul from Fulshear, but might be worth checking out out. We are talking about staying in one of the cabins next time we go.

My son goes to school out there and hikes the canyon fairly regularly. He loves it.
                              It’s a haul from Orange I know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                So, charming/quaint is another term for romantic? You really want a romantic getaway, don't you?

My vote is for Vidor, TX.
                                I’ll be here if you make it to V town. Got all kinds of fun things to do

Comment

Working...
                                X