Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
    Not for myself as a fan. Anything can happen. A few injuries....a few transfers for more money. A future 5* QB out for the season, etc. Things could change dramatically in the blink of an eye. What you will see here is people looking back and saying how great this Aggie class was and they should have done this and they should have done that......see Alabama and Ohio State.....heck, even Georgia. It takes years and years of great recruiting to stay near the top over and over. I believe it takes 4-5 years of this same type of recruiting to have Playoff contention type of teams. One great recruiting class does not spell automatic contention for future years. Not picking on the Longhorns but they had #3 classes back to back in 2018 / 2019. Where did that get them? Aggies have a #4 and a #6 in the last few seasons. They did well last season but this season was a let down. No QB in the stall to lead the team. Ton of talent but if there is no General in charge....well, four losses are on the board. I do not look through maroon glasses. I see the positive. I see potential issues. I come to my own conclusion as a fan. I am looking all the way to the next two recruiting classes to say wether or not the Aggies can make a run for the playoffs. Realistically.....who do they have at QB that anyone could possibly believe could land them in the playoffs next season????? 2-3 years. Maybe so. That is my realistic take on it. Not going to be upset if they go 9-3 or 10-2 the next few seasons. It’s a bunch of kids playing a sport.
    This is spot on

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      I’ll take a gumbo just about any kind of way. But i grew up with a dark roux, so i very much agree with this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ever had straight up Filet Gumbo? Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        “Failure” may be strong. I expect them to compete for SEC championships every year. With that comes a high CFP seeding, whether 4 or 12 teams, and should compete for national championships. Not winning a natty would probably be somewhat disappointing, but not necessarily a failure.

How long do you give LSU to win it all before your season is a failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Before Walker Howard graduates.....so hopefully 4 years, maybe 3

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
          Not for myself as a fan. Anything can happen. A few injuries....a few transfers for more money. A future 5* QB out for the season, etc. Things could change dramatically in the blink of an eye. What you will see here is people looking back and saying how great this Aggie class was and they should have done this and they should have done that......see Alabama and Ohio State.....heck, even Georgia. It takes years and years of great recruiting to stay near the top over and over. I believe it takes 4-5 years of this same type of recruiting to have Playoff contention type of teams. One great recruiting class does not spell automatic contention for future years. Not picking on the Longhorns but they had #3 classes back to back in 2018 / 2019. Where did that get them? Aggies have a #4 and a #6 in the last few seasons. They did well last season but this season was a let down. No QB in the stall to lead the team. Ton of talent but if there is no General in charge....well, four losses are on the board. I do not look through maroon glasses. I see the positive. I see potential issues. I come to my own conclusion as a fan. I am looking all the way to the next two recruiting classes to say wether or not the Aggies can make a run for the playoffs. Realistically.....who do they have at QB that anyone could possibly believe could land them in the playoffs next season????? 2-3 years. Maybe so. That is my realistic take on it. Not going to be upset if they go 9-3 or 10-2 the next few seasons. It’s a bunch of kids playing a sport.
          I agree with this completely.

Comment

I still think next year maybe a building season for the Ags especially on Defense and of course the QB position. But we have the talent to be a great team just being able to put it all together will be the question. But definitely better get in the playoffs in 2023 -24season and the 2024-25 season and win it all one of those years if not both .

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              I went back 8 years to cover the Strong and Herman eras in Texas Football.

The average rank is 10.875. Throwing out the years of coaching turnover, the average for Texas is 6 so they are right in line with their traditional spot in the recruiting rankings. No matter how down the program is, kids still want to play at Texas and be apart of the brand.

2021 - 15
              2020 - 8
              2019 - 3
              2018 - 3
              2017 - 25
              2016 - 6
              2015 - 10
              2014 - 17

Pretty easy to see the years of coaching changes!
              Wow, that's a whole lot of disappointment right here. I think there is only 1 pretty good season mixed in those years. I think Mack Brown dropped a voodoo curse on the program on his way out. Hopefully it's ran it's course and is over after this seasons debacle.

Comment

Will TAMU ever win the SEC West? That would be a great starting point to turning that program around.

Comment

For you Ags here is a breakdown of Jimbo's haul yesterday.

Written by my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    For you Ags here is a breakdown of Jimbo's haul yesterday.

Written by my daughter.

https://www.thebatt.com/sports/looki...04585f468.html
                    Well done!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                      Will TAMU ever win the SEC West? That would be a great starting point to turning that program around.
                      That usually requires beating the best team in the country. Good luck with ole miss

Comment

Whether they play for Texas or TAMU

This is how it should be……. Hopefully, they can push to keep even more in state.

[emoji1370]Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State have a *combined* four recruits signed/committed from Texas. (LSU got 0).

Texas & A&M combine to keep 19 of the top-30 ‘22 Texas recruits in the state and 28 of top-50 (247).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

This is how it should be……. Hopefully, they can push to keep even more in state.

[emoji1370]Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State have a *combined* four recruits signed/committed from Texas. (LSU got 0).

Texas & A&M combine to keep 19 of the top-30 ‘22 Texas recruits in the state and 28 of top-50 (247).

very interesting. I would not have seen that coming. Ohio State has had its pick of recruits in the past ten years. Hopefully that will turn as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

LSU got 0? LMAO...

Don't tell them boys but gumbo is not hard to make!

Comment

Yes! Keep 'em in State! I'd rather see them go to aggy than Bama, Buckeye, etc.

Big congrats to TAMU, that's quite a historic haul for you guys!

I'm pretty dang excited with what Sark managed to do in his first year of recruiting. I'm not gonna lie, I was very worried after the 5-7 thing on the field. I could just see this class falling apart in front of my eyes. Thankfully we have some good recruiters on staff and fresh new car smell to balance that out. I feel like this class will hopefully give Sark a chance to move forward and implement the things he's trying to do. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the big OL guys, please let them be ballers.

Comment

I figure any additions Sark makes between now and February will be via the portal. I don't think they land anymore '22 kids. With the exception of Devon Campbell being a 50/50 flip of the coin, as mentioned. He seems to be looking for a reason not to come to Texas and now that he's down to Texas and OU... I'd give OU the nod. He is Fong'd to Texas, so there's hope.

Including the Ewers transfer, Texas has the No. 4 overall blended class, with a 90.71 average. Not too shabby for 5-7.

By adding Ewers, Texas has now landed the only to players to finish ranked with a perfect score. I hope he has some of that VY magic.
                                Last edited by Chad C; 12-16-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X