Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Give him whatever BS title you like. We all know what he is there for.

And, it ain't coaching!

Please do tell..:

He’s a les miles guy?

Comment

Arch Manning is a very good QB, I don't think he is Elite much less the #1 QB in 2023. He is benefiting from his family's last name. Can he be "elite" with better coaching, absolutely. I've watched him play in person 3 times this year. He plays in a private school 2A classification against okay competition. Opposing CB's average 5'8" 160 lbs. and LB's are 5'10" 180 lbs. .... basically slow white kids. I played vs. Newman in HS as they were our main rival as I know the school and district well. Newman's tuition is $30,000 per year and most kids get academic scholarships to Stanford, Vanderbilt, and the Ivy League schools.

I watched Arch play 2 weeks ago vs. LCA (Lafayette Christian Academy) who was the 4x defending State Champion. Manning went 7 of 16, 52 yds., 1 INT., 0 TD's, and 1 5-yd rushing TD in a 49-7 loss. LCA's QB (soph.) was 12 of 14, 337 yds in the air, 72 on the ground, and responsible for all 6 TD's. The LCA QB played 1 series in the second half before being taken out of the game. The game was so lop-sided that officials went to a running clock in the 4thQ.

Not here to schit on the kid, just provide my observations from 1st hand experience watching him play. Can he be an Elite QB on the next level, absolutely in the right system with the right play caller and coaching. People read 247 and see the name "MANNING" and think he's gonna immediately deliver NC's. Honestly, I don't think he will have a better CFB career than his uncles. If he does, I'll gladly eat crow served over rice and gravy.

here's the game is you want to watch:
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URfWFtt_og"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URfWFtt_og[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        Please do tell..:

He’s a les miles guy?
        One of the best recruiters in CFB who is from New Orleans. EVERY HS coach knows and respects Frank Wilson. He could sell snowball machines to Eskimos in Alaska.

With Mickey Joseph leaving for Nebraska, Frank was a perfect fit who is coming back to LSU.

Franks list of recruits .... pretty sure over half the list is playing or played on Sundays

https://247sports.com/Coach/Frank-Wi...lTimeRecruits/
        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 12-07-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Please do tell..:

He’s a les miles guy?
          He was RB's Coach and Recruiting Coord for Miles before leaving to be the head coach at UTSA.

I never thought he was all that as a coach. But, he knows how to get his foot in the front door of those living rooms.

He will rebuild that fence around New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Arch Manning is a very good QB, I don't think he is Elite much less the #1 QB in 2023. He is benefiting from his family's last name. Can he be "elite" with better coaching, absolutely. I've watched him play in person 3 times this year. He plays in a private school 2A classification against okay competition. Opposing CB's average 5'8" 160 lbs. and LB's are 5'10" 180 lbs. .... basically slow white kids. I played vs. Newman in HS as they were our main rival as I know the school and district well. Newman's tuition is $30,000 per year and most kids get academic scholarships to Stanford, Vanderbilt, and the Ivy League schools.

I watched Arch play 2 weeks ago vs. LCA (Lafayette Christian Academy) who was the 4x defending State Champion. Manning went 7 of 16, 52 yds., 1 INT., 0 TD's, and 1 5-yd rushing TD in a 49-7 loss. LCA's QB (soph.) was 12 of 14, 337 yds in the air, 72 on the ground, and responsible for all 6 TD's. The LCA QB played 1 series in the second half before being taken out of the game. The game was so lop-sided that officials went to a running clock in the 4thQ.

Not here to schit on the kid, just provide my observations from 1st hand experience watching him play. Can he be an Elite QB on the next level, absolutely in the right system with the right play caller and coaching. People read 247 and see the name "MANNING" and think he's gonna immediately deliver NC's. Honestly, I don't think he will have a better CFB career than his uncles. If he does, I'll gladly eat crow served over rice and gravy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URfWFtt_og
            I watched some of his highlight film this season and was taken back at the puny slow kids he was playing against. Some looked like Jr High or Freshmen B teams.

Comment

If anybody is aware of the skill set of a QB it would be the Manning family. I am sure they will be sending him to one of the best places for him to succeed on and off the field. I think with Arch Manning, you also get the feeling that lot of other kids want to play for him, so that is a big aspect of getting him to sign with your school. I would rather take the chance on him than not.

There are hardly any guarantees when it comes to picking which kids will be successful at the next level. Hell, half of your recruiting class will hardly see the field for the school they sign with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URfWFtt_og
                I've thought that since the beginning with him.. He's living off of his families legacy. He's not bad by any means but he's no where near Eli Holstein or Walker Howard in Louisiana right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  I watched some of his highlight film this season and was taken back at the puny slow kids he was playing against. Some looked like Jr High or Freshmen B teams.
                  1A and 2A competition. Teams usually dress out 30-45 kids. Breaks down to 10 Sr, 10 Jr, 10 SO, 10 FR. Kids play both ways and very, very few end up signing D1 CFB scholarships. Newman beat Fisher 70-0 and could have easily scored 100 pts. Earlier this year vs. St Charles Catholic, (2021 Pvt School State Champion) Newman lost 12-7. No offense as the superior defense shut him down. That same St. Charles team just beat LCA for the State title 32-27.

LCA was leading by 1 pt. with 2 minutes left in the game. Punter dropped the snap allowing SC to recover in the endzone for the game winning TD. Heartbreaking as LCA was going for their 5th consecutive State Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                    I've thought that since the beginning with him.. He's living off of his families legacy. He's not bad by any means but he's no where near Eli Holstein or Walker Howard in Louisiana right now.
                    You got my turducken ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      If anybody is aware of the skill set of a QB it would be the Manning family.
                      I agree 100% which is just one reason why Eli went to Ole Miss .... to play under David Cutcliffe.

Growing up in NOLA, I knew the Manning family well. My Mom was the Saints season ticket manger so I got to attend all practices and hang out on the sidelines during football games in the Superdome. Bum Phillips was the HC and the Saints sucked. I was 10-15 yrs old and had a press pass for all access, sidelines locker room, etc... In the early 80's that stuff was no big deal for a kid on the sidelines. Today that would never fly due to safety reasons. Eli and Peyton were younger than me, (probably 5-8 yrs old) but I do remember throwing the ball with them after Saints games and at practice.

Cooper was easily the best athlete in the family, not even close. His WR skillset was comparable to Randy Moss. Very physical and he caught EVERYTHING thrown to him.

Comment

Late to the party. Just found the new post [emoji2359]
                        Tagged for reading later tonight.

Side note, pretty excited about the return of Frank Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jim Knowles from OK St being heavily targeted to be the new DC at tOSU......

Huge upgrade from Coombs...

Comment

Them Big 12 defenses ain't no joke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Them Big 12 defenses ain't no joke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              I don't care who you are. That's funny!

Necessity is the Mother of invention. Big12 offenses forced Big12 defenses to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Those DUMB rich Dallas girls are fine as frog hair out in Lubbock. Them boys ain’t going nowhere.
                                There, thats fixed now.

Comment

Working...
                                X