No announcement yet.

Medicare question for Geezers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone within a 100 miles are so of Brownwood, Tx I know an agent that is no pressure and is very knowledge in this area. He will explain them and let you decide. Just PM and I will send his number and name.

Comment

Thank y’all so very much. I know this has helped others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Thank y’all so very much. I know this has helped others as well.
        Call Boomer Benefits in Ft. Worth. Zero pressure....just really helpful people. Here is their video library. Any questions you may have can be answered here. Again. I would go with original Medicare part A & B and a Medicare supplement like part G. Also get a a part D prescription supplement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Mike!! As usual y’all are awesome!

Comment

Hubby and I have been on Medicare Part A and B and Mutual of Omaha Supplement Plan G for 9 and 10 years now (yes we are old). Our supplement plans started at $85.48/month each. Every year we get the "form letter" informing us of our new rate which is based on age. We pay quarterly and are currently paying $637.85/quarterly or $212.61/month and $661.93/quarterly or $220.64/month.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              Dang Bish, I was personally told the exact opposite by the receptionist at my knee doctors office. Thus the reason for this thread. There is so much scuttlebutt out there that you’re trying to wade through. The geezer factor On the g s will come through with sound advice. Thanks for yalls input.
              Originally posted by treestand View Post
              One other consideration is a lot of doctors don't accept Medicare patients. I have an advantage plan for this very reason. Several of the doctors I've seen regularly for a number of years accept Humana but not straight Medicare.
              In reference to these....

I know nothing about the situation but my mother retired as a nurse and office manager for a doctor. She retired 20 years ago and I know things change but this was her take back then. Some (or perhaps many) doctors do not take Medicare.

Why?

They don’t pay. It takes longer to get payment from the government and then, they don’t pay the bill. My mother told me that if her doctor performed a $500 procedure, Medicare would pay $75. So I asked, who pays the rest? Answer? Nobody. The government’s (Medicare) position is, take it or leave it, that is all you get.

That is why some doctors will not accept Medicare and just a guess but maybe that is why a receptionist would rather you have regular insurance over Medicare. With insurance, her boss actually gets paid.

Still true?

Comment

Well, here's another opinion on what doctors charge (and others, ERs, procedures, etc.). I get the report on what the doctor charged and what medicare allowed and paid. There is a big difference and I will never understand why doctors or hospitals charge so much. If a doctor agrees to accept medicare, they are agreeing to accept what medicare has determined is an appropriate amount for the office visit, procedure, etc. I'll finish this thought with I will only go to a doctor that accepts medicare.

Each doctor I've had to go to, or chosen, since I started medicare has been paid within a couple of months, if not sooner. I watch for the statements so I'm not adversely surprised. And, the supplemental insurance also pays in roughly the same time frame even though they are last on the list to pay.

Comment

Ok. So is it six of one and half a dozen of the other? Medicare part a and b with supplement plan that goes up with age or you get the advantage plan (free, free, free, free, free) with over the top deductibles. Or my original question was stay on wife’s insurance and have Medicare part a and b. I also have the V A which I was told is not insurance but rather a benefit. That “benefit” helped pay for a portion of my f-I-l’s cancer treatment. So I will be calling Boomer Benefits today. Thanks y’all are helping a few other geezers on here as well not to mention some younger ones that are approaching Geezer status.

Comment

Thanks, saving for the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X